Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Going to TPiR in December?  (Read 1976 times)

catkins522

Going to TPiR in December?
« on: November 24, 2011, 11:55:52 PM »
I have a week off in December and thinking about going to TPiR.  This is my 5th trip out there (19th in the audience).  If I took one day to do this, should I go?

Pros:  I have not seen Drew Carrey and the Carrey's Cuties since I'm a Bob Barker's fan.  All new crew and no hype.

Cons:  If I don't come on down, this is a waste of my time and gas.

If I go, what is a good time to be there... last time I went there, I had to be in line before 1-2 am to be in or I was SOL.  Also, I heard that once you had a number, you can not go to breakfast outside of the studios and/or take a shower or sleep until the reporting time.  True?

Thanks!

Charles Atkins
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 10:42:59 AM »
Pros:  I have not seen Drew Carrey and the Carrey's Cuties since I'm a Bob Barker's fan.  All new crew and no hype.

Cons:  If I don't come on down, this is a waste of my time and gas.
Maybe it's just me, but going just to win is just setting yourself up for a letdown. Not saying they won't pick you, but odds point against that. But like you said, you haven't seen the show since Drew started hosting- if it were me, I'd go just for that. Since that isn't your motivation though, it really is a tossup.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 01:08:39 PM »
I don't see "toss-up".  I see someone who doesn't particularly care for Drew whose "con" is the likelihood of not being picked.  As the Magic 8-Ball might say, "all signs point to 'no'".  Of course, having us decide for you is a little like toetyper asking us for fantasy advice.  It's something that's so totally your call that it's weird you're even asking us.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 01:51:31 PM »
My take: stay home. Let someone with a better attitude have the ticket.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

NickS

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 04:57:50 PM »
I don't see "toss-up".  I see someone who doesn't particularly care for Drew whose "con" is the likelihood of not being picked.  As the Magic 8-Ball might say, "all signs point to 'no'".  Of course, having us decide for you is a little like toetyper asking us for fantasy advice.  It's something that's so totally your call that it's weird you're even asking us.

Damnit - and I was going to say "go and show up as a pirate - they LOVE costumes!"

/and if you're going to mix-up Carey's name with a different comedian, you deserve it
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 04:58:59 PM by NickS »

Flerbert419

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 03:18:45 AM »
If I go, what is a good time to be there... last time I went there, I had to be in line before 1-2 am to be in or I was SOL.
No need to worry about this anymore.  The ticketing process has completely changed and there are no more Order of Arrival passes.

You walk onto the lot at about 8:30 AM in the order you arrived in line.  At that time in September, there were only about 280 people there so nobody got shut out as you describe.  As a matter of fact, the first person in line arrived at 12 AM.

The seating has also changed since On Camera Audiences took over.  They basically put you wherever they want, and if you are in a large group with matching shirts or "pretty", you are more likely to be chosen to be put in the front.    

Also, I heard that once you had a number, you can not go to breakfast outside of the studios and/or take a shower or sleep until the reporting time. True?
Like I explained above, this is true.  You need to be in line so that you can walk right in.

As to whether or not you should go, it's like others have said.  If you go expecting to be chosen, you won't be chosen.  And if that's your sole reason for heading there, might as well spend it enjoying something else since only 9 people get selected per show.

*Note that the information above was from a taping report, not necessarily my personal experience*

Don Howard

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 12:57:50 PM »
In Lemon Veritas.
If you do venture over to Television City for this anyway, I look forward to having you tell us how much the experience sucked and how it's a day in your life that you'll never get back.
Perhaps your time will be better served at Walmart with a container of pepper spray.

vtown7

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2011, 10:50:44 PM »
In Lemon Veritas.
If you do venture over to Television City for this anyway, I look forward to having you tell us how much the experience sucked and how it's a day in your life that you'll never get back.
Perhaps your time will be better served at Walmart with a container of pepper spray.

Don: will this pepper spray be helpful if, say, paintballs come flying at your head?

R.