Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TV Game Show Vault '12  (Read 39994 times)

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
TV Game Show Vault '12
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2011, 04:43:04 PM »
I was watching Match Game a while ago, and all the goodwill that had been accumulating (Michael Burger is a good host, a few of the questions were decent) was pissed away at the hands of Judy Tenuta and Jerry Springer.

I've got 9 more of that run...haven't seen any of them in years, but maybe there'll be one more worth posting.
In other news, there are now 4 Christmas-themed TPiR episodes up, and a couple more are in the works to be encoded and uploaded later tonight, along with a Cullen episode or two. Enjoy!

--Jamie

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
TV Game Show Vault '12
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2011, 05:31:51 PM »
/$250 and a color television also was miles away from cutting it, too.
I never had a problem with this aspect. It's a comedy game show where a contestant only has to answer, at most, four "questions".  Frankly, when I watch the later episodes of Match Game PM, as exciting as the wins sometimes were, I occasionally asked myself, "They got $20,000 for that?"
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

Jimmy Owen

TV Game Show Vault '12
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2011, 05:48:22 PM »
/$250 and a color television also was miles away from cutting it, too.
I never had a problem with this aspect. It's a comedy game show where a contestant only has to answer, at most, four "questions".  Frankly, when I watch the later episodes of Match Game PM, as exciting as the wins sometimes were, I occasionally asked myself, "They got $20,000 for that?"
It was '70's prime access, where every non-spoof show gave out at least a chance at $20,000. There were no returning contestants on prime access shows, so it had to be that way.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
TV Game Show Vault '12
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2011, 08:11:07 PM »
]I never had a problem with this aspect. It's a comedy game show where a contestant only has to answer, at most, four "questions".  Frankly, when I watch the later episodes of Match Game PM, as exciting as the wins sometimes were, I occasionally asked myself, "They got $20,000 for that?"
It was '70's prime access, where every non-spoof show gave out at least a chance at $20,000. There were no returning contestants on prime access shows, so it had to be that way.

Other than $25,000 Pyramid, which was MUCH harder to take for top money, Match Game PM was probably the single highest cash total that could be earned in one appearance in prime access.  Compare to Family Feud ($10,000 split five ways) or Cross-Wits (a trip).  Meanwhile, Joker's Wild and Tic Tac Dough managed returning champions just fine.

Sorry, but your argument doesn't really hold.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 08:12:51 PM by parliboy »
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

Jimmy Owen

TV Game Show Vault '12
« Reply #49 on: December 25, 2011, 09:27:56 PM »
]I never had a problem with this aspect. It's a comedy game show where a contestant only has to answer, at most, four "questions".  Frankly, when I watch the later episodes of Match Game PM, as exciting as the wins sometimes were, I occasionally asked myself, "They got $20,000 for that?"

Other than $25,000 Pyramid, which was MUCH harder to take for top money, Match Game PM was probably the single highest cash total that could be earned in one appearance in prime access.  Compare to Family Feud ($10,000 split five ways) or Cross-Wits (a trip).  Meanwhile, Joker's Wild and Tic Tac Dough managed returning champions just fine.

Sorry, but your argument doesn't really hold.
Well, CW, TJW and TTD were strips which could air anytime, I'm talking about once-a-week shows designed for prime-access, like Treasure Hunt, James Price Is Right, etc. That's why the big money on MGPM.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 09:46:58 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Blanquepage

TV Game Show Vault '12
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2012, 07:03:47 PM »
Hi!

After about a quarter of absence from the site due to work and life in general, my next update is in progress with the first two shows up already.
I have about 20 shows that I'll be gradually uploading over the next few days.
Enjoy!

--Jamie

Matt Ottinger

TV Game Show Vault '12
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2012, 07:13:07 PM »
On behalf of Iris Mason, we thank you.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

toetyper

TV Game Show Vault '12
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2012, 07:42:20 PM »
Two TJW questions and a comment

1 did they have different piles of questions for 50-100-200 dollar  questions>

2 when  did they  have the joker jackpot

jack barry really  did keep it moving

irismason42

TV Game Show Vault '12
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2012, 09:32:21 PM »
Jamie, the first CBS TJW you've recently uploaded was from February 7, 1973 according to Tammy Warner, now as for the second episode, it's the week of March 19-23, 1973. Now it's getting complicated from here, but this year, Child's Play and Fantasy are also celebrating 30 years this calendar year. Now there's a lesser-known game show that's also celebrating that milestone this year, do you know what it was Jamie? Jim Lange was the host of that one fresh from his Bullseye stint.

40onTheBlue

TV Game Show Vault '12
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2012, 09:48:13 PM »
Hi!

After about a quarter of absence from the site due to work and life in general, my next update is in progress with the first two shows up already.
I have about 20 shows that I'll be gradually uploading over the next few days.
Enjoy!

--Jamie

Very much looking forward to it. Thanks for sharing.
Greetings from Canada.

That Don Guy

TV Game Show Vault '12
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2012, 09:48:46 PM »
Two TJW questions and a comment

1 did they have different piles of questions for 50-100-200 dollar  questions>

2 when  did they  have the joker jackpot
1.  I'm 99% certain they did not.  (100% certain with the Mystery category, as the contestant chose a question from seven cards on the front of Jack's podium.)

2.  It started with the first episode.  For the first 10 shows, you needed four wins, but one of the changes made on the 11th show (along with "triples are worth $200 instead of $150", "if you get three Jokers, you don't automatically win, but you have to answer a question first", and switching the bonus round to "Jokers and Devil") was to reduce the number needed to three.

Blanquepage

TV Game Show Vault '12
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2012, 12:36:02 PM »
4 new shows added, with 5 more coming...including an It's Academic episode with Art James!

--Jamie
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 12:36:14 PM by Jimmy Fiono Coyne »

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
TV Game Show Vault '12
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2012, 08:52:05 PM »
Happily the watermark ownership bugs are nicely inconspicuous.
Travis L. Eberle

Vahan_Nisanian

TV Game Show Vault '12
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2012, 09:20:16 PM »
Is it me, or was Tom Campbell's entrance the most dangerous GS emcee entrance of all time?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
TV Game Show Vault '12
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2012, 09:34:21 PM »
Is it me, or was Tom Campbell's entrance the most dangerous GS emcee entrance of all time?
I don't know if I'd say dangerous, but certainly most contrived.
Travis L. Eberle