Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Examples of unusual situations involving GS contestants  (Read 8460 times)

Don Howard

Examples of unusual situations involving GS contestants
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2011, 12:20:34 PM »
There was that one lady on Jeopardy! back in 2009 who fell ill between tapings and had to return at a later date.
Ah, yes. The Jim Jensen look-a-like.

Eric Paddon

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2011, 05:40:33 PM »
It was indeed Gary Burghoff who was late that day.   I even remember seeing this episode when it first aired.
But then why'd Gene refer to the missing party as "somebody who usually sits in that seat"?

The ever-reliable Wikipedia confirms it was Charles who was late.  If it was Burghoff, you need to have a sit-down chat with Mr. Benfield and have this unfortunate mistake remedied.

The unreliable Wikipedia in this case.   I happen to have the program from the next day and Burghoff acknowledges his absence, and also the reference guide notes that this was program #416 which is smack dab in the middle of CNR's absence which was shows #331-470.

dale_grass

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2011, 11:33:54 PM »
The unreliable Wikipedia in this case.   I happen to have the program from the next day and Burghoff acknowledges his absence, and also the reference guide notes that this was program #416 which is smack dab in the middle of CNR's absence which was shows #331-470.
Cool beans.  I knew Burghoff subbed for CNR in '75, but didn't know when.  Shame on Gene for misleading me, and shame on Wikipedia for leading me down the primrose path of my obstinance.

But mostly, shame on Benfield for not fixing the entry yet.

Thunder

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2011, 07:30:41 PM »
Perhaps he accidentally nominated himself for deletion?

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2011, 08:00:27 PM »
There was that one lady on Jeopardy! back in 2009 who fell ill between tapings and had to return at a later date.
Ah, yes. The Jim Jensen look-a-like.

Oh, Lord, Don, what is wrong with you? :)

(I really shouldn't pick on people's looks- considering that I'm not the most attractive man on planet Earth by a long shot- but I do have to say the woman did look particularly manly. Sorry, Priscilla. But you were a good player.)

/yes, I'm going to Hell when I die
//you don't need to tell me twice
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 08:17:20 PM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022