Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Fun Factory  (Read 7087 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
The Fun Factory
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 01:02:18 AM »
And I see Clemon is claiming that I don't have a life outside of these forums.
No, I was saying that I personally had better things to do with my time than to analyze every single episode of GSN's programming to make sure it follows the original air schedules. How you choose to jam your foot into that particular shoe is yours to decide.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

J.R.

The Fun Factory
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 01:02:49 AM »
(Reiterating the point Senor Odor made when he finished before me.)
Mark Odor and Chris Palmer agree on something?

Truly this is a Christmas Miracle.

;-)
-Joe Raygor

BrandonFG

The Fun Factory
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2011, 01:04:54 AM »
Just watched it on the site...it was interesting. Fun stuff, but I think there was just too much going on for a half-hour show. The questions were a bit too simple for an adult game show IMO, although I question how do you not know where "The Big Apple" is.

/Too much content? What a concept!
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
The Fun Factory
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2011, 01:05:25 AM »
(Reiterating the point Senor Odor made when he finished before me.)
Mark Odor and Chris Palmer agree on something?

Truly this is a Christmas Miracle.

;-)

Ahhh, you...;)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

WhirlieBird74

The Fun Factory
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2011, 11:57:46 PM »
The Fun Factory wasn't that bad of a show, but Jane Nelson sure looked good on camera, as she had always been!

wdm1219inpenna

The Fun Factory
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2011, 07:20:26 PM »
I have only 2 memories of this show.

1 involved a game where a player could win anything from $1 to $1,000.  There were 4 cards, 1 card had a "1" printed on it, the other 3 had zeroes.  The contestant placed the 4 concealed cards on a board, hoping to have placed the 1 in the 1st position.  I think Bobby Van knew where the "1" was, as often he'd turn over 2 of the cards that had the "0" on it, to build up the suspense.

The other memory I have of this show is Bobby singing at the opening of every show, specifically I remember him singing "The Fun FactorEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!"  Other than that, can't remember anything from it.  I've never been able to find this on youtube either which is a disappointment.

Jimmy Owen

The Fun Factory
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2011, 07:33:35 PM »
I have only 2 memories of this show.

1 involved a game where a player could win anything from $1 to $1,000.  There were 4 cards, 1 card had a "1" printed on it, the other 3 had zeroes.  The contestant placed the 4 concealed cards on a board, hoping to have placed the 1 in the 1st position.  I think Bobby Van knew where the "1" was, as often he'd turn over 2 of the cards that had the "0" on it, to build up the suspense.

The other memory I have of this show is Bobby singing at the opening of every show, specifically I remember him singing "The Fun FactorEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!"  Other than that, can't remember anything from it.  I've never been able to find this on youtube either which is a disappointment.
NBC had a one-off show around 1977 called "The TVTV Show" one Saturday night in place of SNL, which was a satire on newsmagazine shows.  One of the segments focused on a bar where the patrons gathered to sing old TV themes.  One of the songs the bar patrons were singing was the theme to "The Fun Factory."  It got a laugh out of me, at least.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

davemackey

The Fun Factory
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2011, 11:22:47 AM »
No one's mentioned the bandleader yet? Guy you might have heard of.... Stan Worth.

Robair

The Fun Factory
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2011, 12:39:55 PM »
There was also Deborah Harmon, who later hit it big with "Just the Ten of Us", Dick Blasucci, who was one of the big wheels behind "MADtv", and Doug Steckler, who has been doing shows with Tim Conway lately. Thomas, AFAIK, was never onstage with the main cast for some reason. The show was a strange amalgam of comedy and game content, but it had that death spiral 12 Noon time slot opposite that consummate giant killer, Jim Peck and "Hot Seat".
--Robair

Jimmy Owen

The Fun Factory
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2011, 01:10:20 PM »
There was also Deborah Harmon, who later hit it big with "Just the Ten of Us", Dick Blasucci, who was one of the big wheels behind "MADtv", and Doug Steckler, who has been doing shows with Tim Conway lately. Thomas, AFAIK, was never onstage with the main cast for some reason. The show was a strange amalgam of comedy and game content, but it had that death spiral 12 Noon time slot opposite that consummate giant killer, Jim Peck and "Hot Seat".
Not sure if you're kidding about "Hot Seat," but according to the Variety archives for 7/21/76, "Hot Seat" was pulling a 10.1 rating and 43 share in New York City.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.