Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Help from those with a video collection  (Read 2306 times)

Chelsea Thrasher

Help from those with a video collection
« on: December 09, 2011, 03:22:49 PM »
Over at Golden-Road, we have a person searching for his mother's appearance as a contestant. Based on the list of prizes won and the date range given, it appears to be show #2752D, airdate March 28, 1978.  Lineup is Clock Game, Dice Game, Grocery Game, Most Expensive, Temptation, Give or Keep.  

Given that it's one of the episodes from that time frame for which a recap exists, I'm making the assumption GSN has run the episode at *some* point.  Wanted to ask around over here on the chance someone has this one and can help out.

Thanks everyone.

Edit:  Once I realized I had the year incorrect (1978 instead of the original 1977) there seems to be a copy on Youtube matching the description. Original poster hasn't identified whether this is the right episode. Video's not the greatest, so if anyone has anything better let me know.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 04:56:26 PM by Seth Thrasher »

joshg

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 12:21:19 AM »
I think I have this show from the YouTube link dubbed to a DVD. I'm pretty sure it looks a lot better than the one on YT. If this turns out to be the one, I can dub it off.

Josh
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 01:00:50 AM by joshg »
Because Chiffon Wrinkles...

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 12:39:58 PM »
I also have this one, first generation straight from GSN.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 12:40:24 PM by NicholasM79 »

Millionaire81

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 01:30:23 PM »
I don't think this is the episode.  He mentioned his mom was a blonde.  That Linda is a brunette and I'd like to think he'd know if Mom won a car or not.

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 03:10:18 PM »
An update: According to the original poster, the episode linked from Youtube is in fact *not* the episode in question. And based on his description of prizes involved, there's a distinct chance it's in fact a fur episode - which makes the whole thing significantly more complicated.

snowpeck

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 07:39:10 AM »
Well, the possibility of it being a fur episode would make it less complicated, would it not? It would mean there's almost a 0% chance that any tape collectors have it.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 07:39:31 AM by snowpeck »
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 04:31:33 PM »
I remember reading there were episodes with furs that were actually shown on GSN. Is it possible that they were "fake furs", and not real ones?

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 05:11:07 PM »
I remember reading there were episodes with furs that were actually shown on GSN. Is it possible that they were "fake furs", and not real ones?
Shows with fur airing were likely an accidental slip through the cracks.

-Jason
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 05:11:16 PM by JasonA1 »
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck