Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: So I'm Watching This Infomercial. . .  (Read 1586 times)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
So I'm Watching This Infomercial. . .
« on: December 07, 2003, 08:49:42 PM »
. . .as I'm flicking around the dial awaiting the (yawn) exciting NFL action today.  Now it's been discussed in previous threads the various game show hosts/personalities who either hosted or appeared on informercials, but today may be the first time that I recognized a former game show CONTESTANT appearing.  Sally Ben Tal, who was a contestant on P+ the week of David Letterman and Marion Ross' appearance (which is the only reason I recognized her) and was I believe one of P+'s all-time biggest money winners, is one of the people giving testimonials in an infomercial for the Food Saver.

I thought some people might find that interesting.  Others might not (but, hey, it only cost you a few seconds of reading--your mileage may vary).  Cheers!

Doug -- soon to celebrate [SPLAT!] 200 posts (hey, watch it on the tomatoes!)
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Steve McClellan

So I'm Watching This Infomercial. . .
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2003, 09:48:35 PM »
On a similar note, Home Shopping Network vitamin-hawker Andrew Lessman is a contestant on the 8/28/81 episode of The Krypton Factor, which can be found on a trading circuit near you.