Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: improving whos still standing  (Read 7683 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
improving whos still standing
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2012, 12:36:30 AM »
1) Aw come on, I like Banoodles. ;)
I just told Banoodles you like her.  Explain why she is putting a noose around her neck.
...because she didn't get to wear the Santa hat and TC did?
Wrong.

Taking this thread away from my cats, the best way to correct Who's Still Standing? is reduce the number of contestants to 4, ask multiple choice questions, increase the possibility of dropping depending on how many questions had been asked up to that point in a round, and have a $10,000 end game with the chance to risk the money for $100,000.  Since it will never turn into Russian Roulette, I'm with Joe.  I can't take a show seriously when the second part of an episode is played with entirely different rules, typeface sizes, and dollar amounts than the first part.

I guess it's a good thing that I haven't made an effort to watch, considering what everyone's been telling me here. I mean, if they can't care enough not to be so sloppy with the editing, screw 'em. (My brother, who has a B.A. in television production, must be loving these things...)

OBKlaussKitties: 1) hiding pictures from the class, Klauss? 2) At least she looked to be a better sport about it than her sister did. (and I still think I won the facebook challenge, Mike, lol- if you have either one of us on Facebook look back around a couple of days after Christmas and you'll see my cat looking miserable in a cape)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2012, 01:11:26 AM »
OBKlaussKitties: 1) hiding pictures from the class, Klauss?
Nothing was hidden.  I uploaded that picture to my Facebook on December 19.

Swinging back to the topic of Who's Still Standing, if anybody cares, GetGlue is offering WSS stickers for checking into it during broadcasts.  There are two different stickers--one for checking into WSS once, and another for 5 check-ins.  They have offered or are still offering stickers for It's Worth What?, Wheel of Fortune, Legends of the Hidden Temple, and You Deserve It.

WilliamPorygon

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2012, 01:14:27 AM »
Besides everything that's already been mentioned:  No commerical breaks in the middle of freaking questions.  Heck, they should try to avoid having them mid-round at all, though I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it if a round goes on for an unusually long time.

And continuity.  Have the speed round winner or contestant who defeated the hero become the new hero.  Of course that means you'd have to air the episodes in order, and we all know nobody wants to do that anymore.

(Honestly, I liked M2WI better than this.  Contestant sob stories and Guy Fieri notwithstanding, that show at least had some variety in its proceedings.)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2012, 01:17:37 AM »
(Honestly, I liked M2WI better than this.  Contestant sob stories and Guy Fieri notwithstanding, that show at least had some variety in its proceedings.)
Funny you mention that, because the EP is the same guy.
Travis L. Eberle

Lirodon

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2012, 09:24:46 AM »
I personally think the game itself is okay, but of course:

• At least give the challengers a pass too
  • Make the difficulty MUCH harder, MUCH quicker
  • No commercial breaks during questions.
  • Maybe go to a chess clock/Grand Slam-styled time system; encouraging faster answering of questions, and quicker failures on tough ones
  • Maybe find a better gimmick than just using a trap door. Maybe rip a page out of Wipeout's "motivators"?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 09:26:08 AM by Lirodon »