Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Press Your Luck and Let's Make A Deal Games on Facebook  (Read 7130 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Press Your Luck and Let's Make A Deal Games on Facebook
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2012, 06:10:01 PM »
I don't think it was the opinion so much as the utterly cryptic fashion in which the opinion was presented.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2012, 06:23:58 PM »
If he likes the game, let it be. No need to be so hard on someone for not having the same popular opinion as most people.
I never said his opinion is wrong because, well, it's his opinion.  If he enjoys playing the same old, same old from Ludia, that's on him.

I don't think it was the opinion so much as the utterly cryptic fashion in which the opinion was presented.
Among other things.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2012, 06:52:05 PM »
Among other things.
The guy has posted a whole bunch of episodes of TPIR to his Youtube page. Every one I've clicked on has the header summary "Contestants bid and play games for cash and prizes." Gee thanks, that's helpful. Whatever we expect from The Whammy, I'm not sure he has the capacity or caring to give it.
Travis L. Eberle

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2012, 07:07:52 PM »
The guy has posted a whole bunch of episodes of TPIR to his Youtube page. Every one I've clicked on has the header summary "Contestants bid and play games for cash and prizes." Gee thanks, that's helpful. Whatever we expect from The Whammy, I'm not sure he has the capacity or caring to give it.
That description sounds like it was lifted from either a TV listing site or from a DVR.  I have seen that generic description somewhere...TiVo maybe?  My DVR has a similar description--"Contestants bid for prizes then compete for fabulous showcases."

BrandonFG

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2012, 07:19:32 PM »
That description sounds like it was lifted from either a TV listing site or from a DVR.  I have seen that generic description somewhere...TiVo maybe?  My DVR has a similar description--"Contestants bid for prizes then compete for fabulous showcases."
I've definitely seen that generic description on the DirecTV guide, word for word.

/Not as bad as Millionaire's
//"Contestants answer questions for escalating prizes"
///Great...you just described 90% of the game shows of the last 60 years
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 07:20:47 PM by fostergray82 »
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2012, 09:34:33 PM »
Back on topic.

Yes, it is Ludia that makes this, but at least this time they seemed to put more effort into it. Yeah, the random frame skipping is a problem when you hit the spin button, but when you're using what's probably one of the smallest flaws of the game to call it bad when there's an even more glaring flaw involved (not having the ability to know what your three opponents did until after you took your turn and potentially passing from third place as a result) doesn't really say a lot about your opinion.

Like I said, I enjoy the game but you can't deny there are at least SOME problems with it. To me, it doesn't affect my opinion enough to not play the game. I think the Millionaire game is worse.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

thewhammy_2000

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2012, 09:45:20 PM »
What I meant was: There will be and were some questions that I do know the answer to. If I have a high score during the question round and I easily do not know the answer to the question, I could either take a pass (using a friend wildcard) or take a guess, hoping the question is not worth a Whammy, which would wipe out my score and could result me in not playing the board round. I have played some games in which I did not have friend passes, which meant that I have to make good guess without help passes. My last game resulted in not having passes, answered the Whammy question correctly, had some questions correct and incorrect, resulting in me not playing the board round (I do not want to spend 9 Credits to play the Board round).

Yes, I did use the information from a TV listing somewhere. My household did have DirecTV in the early 2000s. I actually thought I was doing a little paraphrase. It was either that or leave the video descriptions blank, which I do not want to do. I'll just say I do not have enough "capacity" for more.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2012, 01:17:28 PM »
Yes, I did use the information from a TV listing somewhere. My household did have DirecTV in the early 2000s. I actually thought I was doing a little paraphrase. It was either that or leave the video descriptions blank, which I do not want to do. I'll just say I do not have enough "capacity" for more.
Sorry what? You're incapable of coming up with a blurb and entering that?
Travis L. Eberle