Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jeopardy online testing starts tonight  (Read 6748 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Jeopardy online testing starts tonight
« on: January 17, 2012, 06:28:10 PM »
Just a reminder for those who signed up. Don't know if you still can but whatevs I suppose. (Anybody know if you could do that?)

Check your emails and good luck.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

PYLdude

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 08:34:58 PM »
Okay, test night one over...who took it and how d'ya think you did?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

bscripps

• Button-Pushing Monkey
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 08:53:23 PM »
I used my camera to record the screen as I was taking the test.  Then I checked halfway through and found the camera had stopped, so I switched to screen captures (which would have been a better idea in the first place).  Ended up with 45 questions recorded.  After checking my answers against Google's search results and thinking back to the unrecorded questions...I think I'm somewhere in the high 30's.  Woo-hoo!  That's C+ material, folks!

\Isn't the diploma supposed to mean I don't have to take tests anymore?
Ben Scripps. Professional button-pushing monkey.

MTCesquire

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 09:57:50 PM »
Made up my mind last week to take the test, but then a game of Wii Jeopardy! over the weekend where I finished 2nd with $4,800 to Player 2's $53,400 changed my mind quickly.  I didn't think I sucked THAT bad at J! but I guess so.  Oh well.  Guess I'll just wait for the Wheelmobile to roll back through this parts again...

PYLdude

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 03:11:34 PM »
(Anybody know if you could (still sign up for the test)? ETA: The answer apparently is no.)

Bumping for another reminder to our Central Time Zone viewers or our Eastern Time Zoners who signed up but have yet to take the test...tonight's your night. Of course you don't necessarily need to read this (your email inbox will tell you I'm certain) but hey, figure I'd be nice and remind you anyway.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 03:13:48 PM by PYLdude »

gameshowcrazy

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 04:14:29 PM »
took the test, passed with 42/50!

They didn't randomly pick me last year when I passed, so here's hoping they invite me this year.

The info I have shows I would have to take another 50 question test, does anyone know if the same 35/50 score is required to pass?

PYLdude

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 04:36:41 PM »
took the test, passed with 42/50!

They didn't randomly pick me last year when I passed, so here's hoping they invite me this year.

The info I have shows I would have to take another 50 question test, does anyone know if the same 35/50 score is required to pass?

Before I answer this, how do you know for sure what your score was? Checking afterward, I assume?

I know this much- the online test is treated just like the old audition test was. The test you take at the in-person audition, as far as I could tell, was just a warmup kind of deal. Once the test was done and graded you were called up three at a time to do the mock game based on how you scored on that test.

Basically once you pass the online test you're in the contestant pool and can't come out. It's just a matter of how you do in the interview and such that determines whether or not you have a better shot of coming out of that pool than you might have going in (long shot either way). That's what we were told when I went back in '09. Eighteen months, I believe, is the length of time you're in said pool before you can take the online test again. (Seriously, don't try.)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 04:39:28 PM by PYLdude »

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 05:52:32 PM »
It's just a matter of how you do in the interview and such that determines whether or not you have a better shot of coming out of that pool than you might have going in (long shot either way). That's what we were told when I went back in '09.
How long was it between the online test and when you were called for the in-person interview and mock game?

PYLdude

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 06:05:41 PM »
It's just a matter of how you do in the interview and such that determines whether or not you have a better shot of coming out of that pool than you might have going in (long shot either way). That's what we were told when I went back in '09.
How long was it between the online test and when you were called for the in-person interview and mock game?

I got the email in May and went in June...so 4 months for one and 5 for the other. It could also depend on when they hold the auditions in certain areas if they do at all (they say that even though you may pick a city to audition in, it doesn't necessarily mean you'll get to do it there).

Bryce L.

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 07:02:40 PM »
Secondary question I guess, but oh well... To any members here who have actually been on-air contestants, is there any advice you could give to prospective contestants (i.e., the people here taking the test now), on the off-chance they pass the tests, and do well enough on the auditions and other preliminaries that they get to the studio for a taping?

trainman

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 11:45:38 PM »
I know this much- the online test is treated just like the old audition test was. The test you take at the in-person audition, as far as I could tell, was just a warmup kind of deal. Once the test was done and graded you were called up three at a time to do the mock game based on how you scored on that test.

As I understand it, the in-person test plays the important role of making sure you're the same person who took the online test (and you didn't quickly Google the answers or whatever). At the two auditions I've been to under the "online test first" system, they didn't even grade the in-person tests while we potential contestants were present; they just set them aside and started the mock game/interviews right away.
trainman is a man of trains

PYLdude

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 12:25:43 AM »

As I understand it, the in-person test plays the important role of making sure you're the same person who took the online test (and you didn't quickly Google the answers or whatever). At the two auditions I've been to under the "online test first" system, they didn't even grade the in-person tests while we potential contestants were present; they just set them aside and started the mock game/interviews right away.

Maybe I was misremembering? Or perhaps they did your auditions differently? Seems a little weird that they'd do it one way for me and another way for you.

Morbid fun fact: Michael Jackson died on the day I took my test.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 12:25:53 AM by PYLdude »

PYLdude

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, 01:59:52 AM »
One more bump...for those of you living in Mountain, Pacific, Alaska, or Hawaii time, your turn comes tonight.

Also, if you signed up and haven't had the chance to take it yet, last chance...

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, 02:32:52 AM »
Anyone know if its mobile friendly?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2012, 02:34:10 AM »
Depends on the mobile, but I'm guessing it's Flash-based, which right off the bat disqualifies a very large percentage of the mobile phone market.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe