Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Betty White's 90th Birthday Special  (Read 3330 times)

GSFan

Betty White's 90th Birthday Special
« on: January 17, 2012, 01:06:15 AM »
... her good friend and poker buddy, Bob Stewart was sitting at her table.
March 26, 2023 - 50 years of Pyramid!

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 03:39:51 AM »
Were his eyes dry?

/Inside joke there.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 03:40:18 AM by chris319 »

xavier45

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 01:39:30 PM »
Betty actually helped NBC win second place for the night. Both her birthday show and her new Prank show, Betty White: Off their Rockers scored very well.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2012/01/tv-ratings-alcatraz-and-betty-white-solid-monday-but-cbs-wins-the-night.html

GSFan

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 03:50:13 PM »
Were his eyes dry?

/Inside joke there.

Bring the "inside joke" out for some air?
March 26, 2023 - 50 years of Pyramid!

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 10:28:23 PM »
Just got a chance to see the special, and it didn't take the eyes of an eagle to notice that John O'Hurley was there, both in the audience and onstage for the finale, yet wasn't featured in the program nor mentioned in the credits.  Several press releases touted the fact that he would take part, and one site had a photo of him doing whatever it was that ended up on the cutting room floor.  Frankly, I'm sure I would have enjoyed his part more than the awkward Password skit, but you don't leave out Harper, Lawrence, MacLeod and Asner in a Betty White tribute.  I'd love to know what he did.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

toddyo

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 10:59:56 AM »
Just got a chance to see the special, and it didn't take the eyes of an eagle to notice that John O'Hurley was there, both in the audience and onstage for the finale, yet wasn't featured in the program nor mentioned in the credits.  Several press releases touted the fact that he would take part, and one site had a photo of him doing whatever it was that ended up on the cutting room floor.  Frankly, I'm sure I would have enjoyed his part more than the awkward Password skit, but you don't leave out Harper, Lawrence, MacLeod and Asner in a Betty White tribute.  I'd love to know what he did.

An enjoyable but heavily edited! Did they piece MTM's bit together and cover it (almost entirely) with b-roll shots? I agree, the Password bit was awkward.  A few more clips and tributes and it would have made for two hours. Chevy Chase????  Really?

mmb5

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 12:50:18 PM »
An enjoyable but heavily edited! Did they piece MTM's bit together and cover it (almost entirely) with b-roll shots? I agree, the Password bit was awkward.  A few more clips and tributes and it would have made for two hours. Chevy Chase????  Really?
Between him, Joel McHale, Amy Poehler and Zac Levi, NBC celebs were definitely given an undeserved priority.  No different if you watched CBS' 75th Anniversary special, you would have thought Joe Palantonio was the biggest celebrity on TV at the time.

And have we reached a point now that Password replica sets are being made so often you can now pick them up at Ikea or Home Depot?
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 12:58:07 PM »
And have we reached a point now that Password replica sets are being made so often you can now pick them up at Ikea or Home Depot?
Lemme know if we have. A fiberboard Password desk for my living room AND a big plate of Swedish meatballs? DONE.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

geno57

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 01:56:59 PM »

I'd make room for that! But I must insist on having the "Lightning Round" machines built in.

DrBear

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 02:54:46 PM »

I'd make room for that! But I must insist on having the "Lightning Round" machines built in.
Perfect idea for a dinner table! Just put your five favorite dishes on the cards and push the button when you want one of them passed to your side of the table.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

mmb5

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 10:41:02 PM »
So I checked the Ikea website, I see no sign of the LUDEN desk anywhere.  Or the DÖSÖN wall flip board.
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 10:47:42 PM »
So I checked the Ikea website, I see no sign of the LUDEN desk anywhere.  Or the DÖSÖN wall flip board.
I lol'd hard. And I continue to crave Swedish meatballs. I think all I'm missing is the sour cream, and I might even have that. Time to take stock of the fridge...

EDIT: Alas, no. That will have to be a post-Snowmageddon project.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 10:50:34 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tpirfan28

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2012, 03:49:39 PM »
The two-hour Betty White extravaganza (the birthday special plus Off The Rockers) is re-airing tonight at 8.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"