Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Entertainment Weekly: Top Game Show Bloopers  (Read 4529 times)

Matt Ottinger

Entertainment Weekly: Top Game Show Bloopers
« on: January 20, 2012, 08:39:59 AM »
Not really anything we haven't seen before, though a few originate from outside the US and may be less well know even here.  Also, many aren't even clips, just descriptions.  Still fun, and of course fun to pick apart starting...
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

NickS

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 09:56:16 AM »
Not really anything we haven't seen before, though a few originate from outside the US and may be less well know even here.  Also, many aren't even clips, just descriptions.  Still fun, and of course fun to pick apart starting...
...now.

Rod Roddy announcing the Yolanda clip?  Oy.

/Titty Cats was funny
//Not a great batting average, tho'

cmjb13

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 01:07:09 PM »
/Titty Cats was funny
//Not a great batting average, tho'
I was in the director's booth when this episode was shot. There was discussion on whether to edit that out or not.

The decision was made to leave it as is which surprised me.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

mmb5

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 01:14:54 PM »
Rod Roddy announcing the Yolanda clip?  Oy.
Which they've already corrected.
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

Fedya

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 01:34:03 PM »
I hate slideshow lists.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

tpirfan28

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 01:43:19 PM »
So take the top clips from the game show blooper specials and add some modern ones.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

pyrfan

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 04:34:14 PM »
From viewing this article and the "Bananas" specials, one would think that "The Price Is Right," "Wheel of Fortune," "The Newlywed Game," and "Jeopardy!" were the only game shows ever on television.

Brendan

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 04:35:49 PM »
Family Feud, too, don't forget. Oh, those wacky families.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 04:36:01 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

pyrfan

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 06:38:48 PM »
Can't believe I forgot "Family Feud"! As I might have said in another thread once, they should have called the specials "Family Feud Moments Gone Bananas."

Brendan

calliaume

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 06:45:12 PM »
Speaking of Family Feud, no "September"?  Maybe they thought it wasn't really a blooper.

I take about 0.25 percent credit for the "cigar" lady on Password Plus, because I pushed that clip when The Most Outrageous Game Show Moments was being compiled.  That was also the episode where Allen asked her "You wanna do it?" to her -- only after seeing her horrified reaction did he add, "Play Password?"  It was the first episode, so everybody was a little rusty.

TonicBH

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2012, 01:29:30 AM »
Also, I'm pretty sure the incident of the model driving through the doors on Price actually came from last year's April Fools special.

I'd hate to be "that guy," but it doesn't hurt to do at least five minutes of research instead of excreting out a list like this.
You Found a Secret Area: The place where I write about dumb game show and video game stuff occasionally.

BrandonFG

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2012, 02:00:46 AM »
I give the writers some credit...they did go for the seemingly obvious choices ("In the ass", "Snake Charmer", etc.), but actually threw in a few that I'd never heard about. The NBC special was probably the best one being it actually used some rarer shows and not just 95% "Newlywed" and "Family Feud" answers.

The Lucky Seven clip is definitely from the April Fool's "10,000th episode".
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 02:01:59 AM by fostergray82 »
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Kevin Prather

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2012, 02:10:30 AM »
I find it amazing how trumped up so many of the "outrageous moments" featured on the specials in the early 2000s were. Almost all of them had additional canned laughter over them, and one of the moments from Jeopardy ("Eight inches on my honeymoon") was even spliced together.

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2012, 03:23:30 PM »
I find it amazing how trumped up so many of the "outrageous moments" featured on the specials in the early 2000s were. Almost all of them had additional canned laughter over them, and one of the moments from Jeopardy ("Eight inches on my honeymoon") was even spliced together.

At least none of the specials have shown that fake CLAM _IGGER incident from Wheel of Fortune. I can't believe how many people can't tell that's a fake.

If they want racy Wheel clips, there are a few non-doctored choices:

* Twice, they've had VICTORIA'S SECRET RECIPE as a puzzle. Both times, Pat joked that it required "two cups of sugar".
* "Show me something small" from last January (incidentally, this episode also had Pat do the "two cups" joke)
* The old lady who called a W when SCR__ was showing on a Slang puzzle (it was SCRAM)
* 1989: _AR_EC_E S_IT is showing. Contestant calls an H.
Bobby Peacock

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2012, 04:25:55 PM »
Only a 13 year old would find the mere mention of Victoria's Secret "racy".
--Mark
Phil 4:13