Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Can the Price Be Right at Night Again?  (Read 3649 times)

TheInquisitiveOne

Can the Price Be Right at Night Again?
« on: January 21, 2012, 10:08:03 PM »
From what I am seeing, nighttime game shows are on a bit of a slowdown. However, I like to ask a question of the gallery.

Can The Price is Right thrive in nighttime again? Should CBS even give it one more shot...maybe as a 40th anniversary special?

Let me just say that if so, it should simply be a one-off nighttime event, and should be kept simple. No seven-digit cash offerings (which means no rule augmentations to allow for it), no major format changes, no extraneous fluff. Just slightly larger prizes and a blackened floor are good enough.

Again, I am not giving it any serious thought; I just wanted to open discussion to the floor. Thanks, and good evening to you all.

The Inquisitive One
This is the Way.

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 11:11:10 PM »
They should have some special for the 40th anniversary, but I can only see them ["them" being CBS] wanting an MDS.
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.

oaklandfan2kx

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 01:05:49 AM »
That's It CBS wants to consider another Million Dollar Price is Right, But Bring Back the Million Dollar Spin to Go Along with Million Dollar Pricing Game (but this time there will be a second million dollar pricing game, so i wish there will be 1 million dollar pricing game in the 1st half and the other in the 2nd half) and the Million Dollar Showcase, but change the showcase range to this...

$1,000 = Both Showcases
$500 = Both Showcases + $1,000,000

And I Hope 1 Person is Going to Become a Multi-Millionaire by winning the MDPG, MDSpin, MDShowcase for a total of $3 Million!, Kinda like a lot of people spinning the wheel on the California Lottery's Big Spin and won $3 Million, so i hope it will happen in the shows 40th year!

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 07:27:09 AM »
Not right now.  CBS is doing well in primetime with their current fare.  Maybe on NBC if all parties were to agree. Bring in Cedric or Steve Harvey to differentiate from the CBS version.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 07:57:00 AM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

SamJ93

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 09:43:20 AM »
That's It CBS wants to consider another Million Dollar Price is Right, But Bring Back the Million Dollar Spin to Go Along with Million Dollar Pricing Game (but this time there will be a second million dollar pricing game, so i wish there will be 1 million dollar pricing game in the 1st half and the other in the 2nd half) and the Million Dollar Showcase, but change the showcase range to this...

$1,000 = Both Showcases
$500 = Both Showcases + $1,000,000

And I Hope 1 Person is Going to Become a Multi-Millionaire by winning the MDPG, MDSpin, MDShowcase for a total of $3 Million!, Kinda like a lot of people spinning the wheel on the California Lottery's Big Spin and won $3 Million, so i hope it will happen in the shows 40th year!

Thanks mods.  I didn't know that our behavior had been good enough to warrant a late Christmas present. :-D
It's a well-known fact that Lincoln loved mayonnaise!

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 01:15:10 PM »
In all seriousness, exactly what prompts a person to type that incoherently?  Do they babble this way in real life, as well?

I just can't fathom how some of these people find their way out of bed in the morning.

Brian44

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 01:46:18 PM »
In all seriousness, exactly what prompts a person to type that incoherently?  Do they babble this way in real life, as well?

I just can't fathom how some of these people find their way out of bed in the morning.

Beats me. Perhaps these two had the same high school English teacher?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 02:27:12 PM »
Not right now.  CBS is doing well in primetime with their current fare.  Maybe on NBC if all parties were to agree. Bring in Cedric or Steve Harvey to differentiate from the CBS version.
9/10. You'll get some bites on this one, I am sure. Brilliant.

My guess is, and I say this in all seriousness, yes.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

J.R.

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2012, 03:29:36 PM »
Tell me, what you smoke before you log on to here? Sheesh.
-Joe Raygor

Robair

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2012, 04:12:21 PM »
Steve Harvey? Sure. I can see it now...

"Eldra, what do you bid on that washer and dryer?"
"Penis."
(Steve's jaw drops as if he were in a Road Runner cartoon.)
--Robair

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2012, 05:51:02 PM »
Tell me, what you smoke before you log on to here? Sheesh.
O.P.'s
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Sonic Whammy

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 07:12:54 PM »
To try and give a normal answer:

For network primetime, it will not happen. CBS is indeed doing so destructively well with their entire body of programming that there simply is no room for it. And forget letting another network do it, this is not the 50's. Even if CBS decided to break it out, they wouldn't do it any way but MDS. (THREE million, are you serious? Don't answer that.)

The true way to do a "nighttime" Price is the way it always was before: syndication. And even there, I don't see a market for it, no matter if everyone and their mother's idea of who the right host should be for Price were to be placed in the job. (For me, that would be a sorry to Todd.)
Brian Sapinski

Just Brian Sapinski... for now