Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Syndicated "Baggage"?  (Read 2797 times)

entguy1

Syndicated "Baggage"?
« on: January 24, 2012, 03:43:10 PM »
I just saw a list of game shows being offered at NATPE this week, and one of them was "Baggage." Anyone know if these are new episodes or reruns a la "Cash Cab?"

bandit_bobby

Syndicated "Baggage"?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 05:10:52 PM »
Currently, I think "Baggage" airs in weekend reruns in syndication.

DoItRockapella

Syndicated "Baggage"?
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 06:00:55 PM »

Not that I'm aware of - certainly not in my area. I know that there was a syndication "test run" in ten markets in early 2011.

Where did you find a list of all the game shows at NATPE? What else was on it?

pacdude

Syndicated "Baggage"?
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 07:43:42 PM »
Your source, or are you expelling theoretical flatus again?

entguy1

Syndicated "Baggage"?
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 05:38:03 PM »

Not that I'm aware of - certainly not in my area. I know that there was a syndication "test run" in ten markets in early 2011.

Where did you find a list of all the game shows at NATPE? What else was on it?

Sadly, the list begins and ends with "Baggage."
I got it from Marc Berman, formerly with AdWeek and with his site, MarcBerman.tv.

DoItRockapella

Syndicated "Baggage"?
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 09:49:58 PM »
I just saw a list of game shows being offered at NATPE this week, and one of them was "Baggage." Anyone know if these are new episodes or reruns a la "Cash Cab?"

According to BuzzerBlog, these are off-net reruns. That may have worked for Cash Cab, but didn't Baggage produce a much smaller number of episodes for GSN than Cash Cab did for Discovery?

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Syndicated "Baggage"?
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 11:30:10 PM »

According to BuzzerBlog, these are off-net reruns. That may have worked for Cash Cab, but didn't Baggage produce a much smaller number of episodes for GSN than Cash Cab did for Discovery?

Wiki says Baggage had 250, Cash Cab may have had less (200+, they said). I don't know how much I should rely on Wiki for this one but Baggage does have a lot of episodes to run- if they do it weekly as opposed to Cash Cab where you could run it whenever (in NYC, it runs weekly in place of the NBC All Night block on Sunday night/Monday morning and- I think- on one of the subchannels during the week).
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

mmb5

Syndicated "Baggage"?
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 12:08:26 PM »
Baggage is not currently in test syndication.
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

DoItRockapella

Syndicated "Baggage"?
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 07:24:34 PM »

Perhaps I confused you - I said Baggage had a syndication test run in early 2011, not 2012. The test run was only in ten markets, but it apparently went well enough for the show to be launched in nationwide syndication in Fall 2012.

mmb5

Syndicated "Baggage"?
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 09:30:02 AM »
My response was in regards to bandit_bobby.  Apologies for the confusion.

Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

PYLdude

Syndicated "Baggage"?
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 08:44:51 PM »

Perhaps I confused you - I said Baggage had a syndication test run in early 2011, not 2012. The test run was only in ten markets, but it apparently went well enough for the show to be launched in nationwide syndication in Fall 2012.

Proof?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

DoItRockapella

Syndicated "Baggage"?
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 09:16:26 PM »

Proof?

Proof that Baggage had a syndication test run in early 2011? OK, here's BuzzerBlog - http://buzzerblog.fl...n-january-10th/

PYLdude

Syndicated "Baggage"?
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 10:17:26 PM »

Proof?

Proof that Baggage had a syndication test run in early 2011? OK, here's BuzzerBlog - http://buzzerblog.fl...n-january-10th/

Thanks!

Mostly Midwestern markets I see.