Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dream House Questions  (Read 1427 times)

GSRebich

Dream House Questions
« on: January 26, 2012, 12:50:25 PM »
During the Money Machine era, if a couple won by $500-$950, they win a prize (later a $500 cash bonus), but if a couple won by $1,000 or more, they win a new car. Are those prizes additions to the room of furniture that a couple usually wins?

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
Dream House Questions
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 02:42:01 PM »
No.  If a couple won by $500, they took away the new room of furniture they thought they had won, and gave them $500 instead.  That they referred to the $500 as a cash bonus was false advertising, and let to great angst at NBC at some point.

/ Please think harder before you ask these questions.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
Dream House Questions
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 05:02:49 PM »
No.  If a couple won by $500, they took away the new room of furniture they thought they had won, and gave them $500 instead.  That they referred to the $500 as a cash bonus was false advertising, and let to great angst at NBC at some point.

/ Please think harder before you ask these questions.

GSRebich, I think what he's trying to say is "yes".
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 05:02:56 PM by DoorNumberFour »
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Dream House Questions
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 12:11:22 AM »
Of late, I've tried to apply Wheaton's Law more to my life. And I like the results; my blood pressure is lower than ever and I'm getting along with my fellow man. But I think part of that is the corollary that other people also should refrain from being a dick. And when you ask a question that could be answered by watching the show or opening a dictionary, I think that falls outside those bounds. I'm really glad Gene replied first. He was farm more friendly than I would have been.
Travis L. Eberle