Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Lingo query  (Read 2527 times)

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
Lingo query
« on: February 12, 2012, 07:41:44 PM »
Apparently, a couple episodes of Woolery Lingo had a model named Paula who introduced the contestants, gestured at the board, handled the Bonus Lingo balls, etc.

Has the identity of this Paula ever been revealed? Why was she dropped so fast?
Bobby Peacock

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Lingo query
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 10:11:26 PM »
Apparently, a couple episodes of Woolery Lingo had a model named Paula who introduced the contestants, gestured at the board, handled the Bonus Lingo balls, etc.

Is it possible that she was the model for the first run of shows that was done in the Netherlands with expats for contestants?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
Lingo query
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 10:20:41 PM »

Is it possible that she was the model for the first run of shows that was done in the Netherlands with expats for contestants?

Paula was a second model added for a couple episodes in mid-season 3, back when Stacey was still the co-host. The first run didn't have a model. Sorry for not clarifying.
Bobby Peacock

Allstar87

Lingo query
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 05:14:49 AM »
Paula appeared on two season 3 episodes of Lingo. They were the first two taped; they hadn't even added the neon circles to the set yet. I'm guessing they got rid of her because, well...they didn't really need two models. Stacey could handle all that. (Granted, they didn't really need to add a model to begin with...)

While the show never gave her full name, the GSN PDFs did; it's Paula Cobb. This is her modeling website.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 06:40:42 PM by Allstar87 »

cliffhanger285

Lingo query
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 09:30:48 AM »
Now, here's a question I have: did Stacy or Shandi actually control the board, or were they there just to look pretty and laugh at Chuck's jokes?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Lingo query
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 01:15:19 PM »
Now, here's a question I have: did Stacy or Shandi actually control the board, or were they there just to look pretty and laugh at Chuck's jokes?
The latter. If that keyboard was even connected to anything I would be shocked. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

DrBear

Lingo query
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 02:38:27 PM »
In her book, former ABC news person Lynn Sherr writes about how, for one election, she was giving exit poll results. The graphics people had rigged up a graphic that would spring up at the end of her desk, and told her to point at a spot on her desk when the graphics were supposed to pop up. She had trouble getting that down, so they took some bottle caps and glued them to the desk as "buttons" that she would "push" to bring up the screens. Peter Jennings got such a kick out of the display that during a slow period of returns, he insisted on going over and pushing one of the buttons.

So I would be 99 44/100 percent sure nothing was connected to anything at the Lingo desk.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 02:38:58 PM by DrBear »
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.