Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Confessions on Tumblr  (Read 1429 times)

Jeremy Nelson

Game Show Confessions on Tumblr
« on: February 11, 2012, 05:02:12 PM »
I don't remember what site led me there, but the Game Show Confessions Tumblr is...interesting, to say the least. I'm pretty sure that most of the "confessions" have been mentioned publicly here at one point or another, but feel free to browse through the collection anyway.

http://gameshow-confessions.tumblr.com/
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

DoItRockapella

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 05:18:24 PM »
I don't remember what site led me there, but the Game Show Confessions Tumblr is...interesting, to say the least.

"Interesting" is one word for it. I've been on there a few times, and from what I can tell, all the "positive" confessions amount to "I actually like show X that everyone else hates." As I have my fair share of those, I won't argue. Meanwhile, all the "negative" confessions amount to one of three things...
  • "Get British show X on American TV NOW!" Why? So we can complain it's not as good as the British version?
  • "GSN SUCKS! They don't show anything good!" True, but game show nerds such as me are likely going to hate GSN no matter what they show. Meanwhile, the "general pubic" will never watch as they'll forever think of it as "that channel that shows forty-year old game shows."
  • "All game shows now are awful WWTBAM clones hosted by washed-up comedians!" Again, true, but what can we do?
In short, you have to wonder what this would have looked like thirty years ago in the heyday of daytime game shows. Would everyone have been shouting "Who is this Pat Sajak guy? Bring back Chuck Woolery!"

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 10:49:30 PM »
One of my favorites so far on the site, which really isn't a confession, is that the US is where British game shows come to die.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 11:10:57 PM »
I wanna know who the hell else it is out there that actually likes the theme to All Star Blitz, hobba hum hobba heeba humba.

I guess one is never truly alone in one's opinion, even in a fandom such as ours. Next thing you know, I'll probably find someone else who, say, hates Treasure Hunt.
Bobby Peacock