Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: LMAD Renewed for Season 4  (Read 6290 times)

Vgmastr

LMAD Renewed for Season 4
« on: February 23, 2012, 06:28:58 PM »
Per tweets from Wayne and Johnathan, LMAD has been renewed for a 4th season.  As a fan of the show, this makes me happy, as it's probably my favorite game show currently on the air.  Who would have thought four years ago that a new network daytime game show would have been put on the air let alone last for at least four years?

TheInquisitiveOne

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 07:24:43 PM »
The next big change, in my opinion, is the most logical for the LMAD crew: make the switch to Glorious HD. If Family Feud can do it, surely they can too. It's a nice coincidence that CBS airs a promo for Deal during Price's closing credits this morning.

This is good news; I personally enjoy this version of the show.

The Inquisitive One
This is the Way.

DjohnsonCB

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 07:30:01 PM »
The big surprise is, LMAD is doing well in the afternoons, with someone hosting other than Monty Hall.  Plus, this is only the second version of this show being cleared in Des Moines in the daytime.
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 07:51:47 PM »
The big surprise is, LMAD is doing well in the afternoons, with someone hosting other than Monty Hall.  Plus, this is only the second version of this show being cleared in Des Moines in the daytime.
The CBS affil in Flint-Saginaw still doesn't air it.  It is cleared at 10am on the My subchannel.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 11:14:44 PM »
The CBS affil in Flint-Saginaw still doesn't air it.  It is cleared at 10am on the My subchannel.

I'm curious — has any other CBS affiliate not cleared LMaD? (I get both the Flint and Alpena CBS affiliates here in Oscoda, so no big loss. Even if the Alpena station is apparently the most technically inept TV station in the world.)
Bobby Peacock

J.R.

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 12:13:43 AM »
Plus, this is only the second version of this show being cleared in Des Moines in the daytime.
Never been so proud of my home town.
-Joe Raygor

Jumpondees

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 11:42:22 PM »
This is certainly great news, congrats to them.  I certainly enjoy the show, I watch it every day via my DVR.

bscripps

• Button-Pushing Monkey
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 12:17:38 AM »
Even if the Alpena station is apparently the most technically inept TV station in the world.)
The joke everyone in Michigan media has heard is that their call letters stand for "We Barely Know Broadcasting".  But, in all fairness, it's also the third-smallest market (#208) in the country; good, talented people are probably pretty hard to come by.
Ben Scripps. Professional button-pushing monkey.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 03:52:44 AM »
But, in all fairness, it's also the third-smallest market (#208) in the country; good, talented people are probably pretty hard to come by.
Add "at the utterly non-living wage they are willing to pay for skilled labor" to the end of that and you might be a little closer to the truth. I'm sure there are plenty of talented people there who simply can do better than the $8-$10 an hour small-market television tends to offer.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

DrBear

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 10:00:56 AM »
Even if the Alpena station is apparently the most technically inept TV station in the world.)
The joke everyone in Michigan media has heard is that their call letters stand for "We Barely Know Broadcasting".  But, in all fairness, it's also the third-smallest market (#208) in the country; good, talented people are probably pretty hard to come by.
Gee, maybe I could get a job there....

OK, anyone else have call letters that have a joke meaning? Up in Marquette, Mich., WLUC-TV (former sister station of WLUK in Green Bay) watchers say the letters mean "With Luck U Cee TV"
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

BrandonFG

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2012, 04:14:09 PM »
OK, anyone else have call letters that have a joke meaning? Up in Marquette, Mich., WLUC-TV (former sister station of WLUK in Green Bay) watchers say the letters mean "With Luck U Cee TV"
Pat Robertson owned the now-CW affiliate in Norfolk/Portsmouth, WYAH, with the last three letters referring to Yahweh. Being Robertson-owned, a few things were supposedly censored (language and such on sitcoms or movies). It also aired "The 700 Club" at one point.

When the station changed hands in the late-80s, the call letters changed to WGNT. According to urban legend, that stands for "God's Not There"...
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

bradhig

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2012, 09:21:26 PM »
http://www.cbs.com/shows/lets_make_a_deal/

Their bringing back the Super Deal. I am surprised they didn't schedule the show next to The Price is Right.

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2012, 10:26:56 PM »
A number of markets do have Deal/Price back to back, such as WWMT in Kalamazoo, MI. Affils take advantage of net feeds and schedule when convenient. When CBS LMAD first came on, our station had the high rated and profitable Dr. Phil/Oprah afternoon combo going. No way that was going to change.

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2012, 10:52:17 PM »

You should know better than anyone [except me] about WFRV being named for Brett Favre. :P

/ObOriginalPost: WFRV airs LMAD in the Green Bay market.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 10:52:40 PM by Chief-O »
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2012, 10:54:36 PM »
The Super Deal seems kind of...lame. $1,000 and $2,000 are, I believe, less than what was offered back in the 1970s version (and hence looks downright cheap today), and using envelopes instead of naturally-dramatic dropping doors seems...well, undramatic. And extremely boring.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...