Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Clues from the peanut gallery  (Read 3332 times)

Jay Temple

Clues from the peanut gallery
« on: March 14, 2012, 01:50:07 PM »
A couple weeks ago on GSN's Friday night Pyramid run, Henry Polic II was in the Winner's Circle, and he had the category THINGS ON THE BOTTOM. I called out, "Henry Polic II!"

Last Friday, Adrienne Barbeau was in the Winner's Circle, and the category was THINGS THAT ARE STACKED. I called out, "Adrienne Barbeau!"
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

dale_grass

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 02:30:00 PM »
Hi-yo!

On a related note, did any celebrities take jabs like that at Davidson in the Winner's Circle?  Categories like Things that are Awkward, Famous Mimbos, Epic Fails, etc.?

WhammyPower

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 02:40:56 PM »
Did any celebrities take jabs like that at Davidson in the Winner's Circle?  Categories like Things that are Awkward, Famous Mimbos, Epic Fails, etc.?
These could also apply to Osmond...

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 02:52:12 PM »
Did any celebrities take jabs like that at Davidson in the Winner's Circle?  Categories like Things that are Awkward, Famous Mimbos, Epic Fails, etc.?
These could also apply to Osmond...
Osmond was the least of that show's problems.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

JakeT

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 03:31:41 PM »
A couple weeks ago on GSN's Friday night Pyramid run, Henry Polic II was in the Winner's Circle, and he had the category THINGS ON THE BOTTOM. I called out, "Henry Polic II!"

And just how would you know?  Perhaps Henry is just a very persnickity top...acting feminine or foppishly does not necessarily a bottom make...

JakeT

DrBear

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 03:45:32 PM »
Ah, reminds this oldster of the time Jack Benny was on Password and had to give a clue for "MISER."
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 03:47:01 PM »
And just how would you know?  Perhaps Henry is just a very persnickity top...acting feminine or foppishly does not necessarily a bottom make...
I was giving him the benefit of the doubt and assuming the box was on the bottom row, as opposed to the incredibly tasteless option that you have mentioned.

Given his HIGH-LARIOUS gut-buster about Adrienne Barbeau, however, I'm guessing the truth is a little closer to your end of the spectrum.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jay Temple

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 11:58:24 PM »
I might have made the same joke if it were THINGS ON TOP.
I was giving him the benefit of the doubt and assuming the box was on the bottom row, as opposed to the incredibly tasteless option that you have mentioned.

Given his HIGH-LARIOUS gut-buster about Adrienne Barbeau, however, I'm guessing the truth is a little closer to your end of the spectrum.
Adrienne herself says that's what got her a lot of jobs. (She may even have said most of her jobs, but I'm sure she was just being modest by that time.)
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 12:05:21 AM »
And it wouldn't have been funny then either.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

JakeT

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 12:54:19 AM »

And yet, I truly have my doubts that you would have done so...I'm just saying...

JakeT
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 12:54:37 AM by JakeT »

geno57

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2012, 02:48:33 AM »
Perhaps Henry is just a very persnickity top...acting feminine or foppishly does not necessarily a bottom make...

JakeT

I dunno ... I could never picture HP3 topping anybody.  Not even Paul Lynde.

Well, okay.  Maybe Paul.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2012, 04:05:06 AM »
If Johnny Carson were alive today, he would probably say something along the lines of "Your jokes suck. Go write for Joey Bishop."

Phil V

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2012, 10:20:51 PM »
Well this is 43 seconds of my life I'm not getting back...
Due to an error in judgment, a contestant's post was removed and the thread edited.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2012, 11:59:54 PM »
I've got one Billy Crystal should've used during his record-setting Winner's Circle. "THINGS THAT WILT" and I call out, "The jokes in this thread!"

/I'm not averse to less than clean jokes myself.
//But there's a time and a place for everything.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.