Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game show memories from your childhood  (Read 16021 times)

Jamey Greek

Game show memories from your childhood
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2012, 11:58:51 PM »
* A promo that had Vanna popping out of a suitcase, that somehow aired twice in a row one day.

That was a spot for Choice Hotels. The company I currently work for produced that commercial.

I remember that commercial very well even at the tender age of 4-5 years old.

ChuckNet

« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2012, 04:25:53 PM »
I don't specifically remember the earliest one, but I have a few:  my parents tell me I would "play Wipeout" in my toddler years, running back and forth using a wall like this one as my "monitors."

Funny, I did the same thing on the Gund Arena video wall @ GSC7 almost 15 years ago. :-D But I digress...my first GS memories include watching TJW in the mornings on WCBS, Pitfall on WOR, the daytime FF, the Dream House endgame, and Peter Tomarken walking off the set after his goodbyes on the final Hit Man.

Chuck Donegan (The Nostalgic "Chuckie Baby")

Tim L

« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2012, 09:31:31 PM »
Earliest memories..Watching Nighttime Price Is Right (Cullen)..Probably during the ABC years.  Used an old TV stand as a podium and we'd play Price Is Right with the Speigel or Sears Catalog..

Concentration-Remember the sound of the pylons..Remember Watching the original Supermarket Sweep...Also would try to play along with Jeopardy..Liked Art Fleming's Hosting style..I didnt remember a lot about "It Takes Two" but I do remember the theme..Would watch You Dont Say! and Match Game just about everyday after school..All of this would have been between '64 and '69 (Between the ages of 6 and 11..)

Ian Wallis

« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2012, 04:44:41 PM »
For me, I guess it was the fact that if I was away from school in the '70s (spring break, sick days, summer vacation, etc.) I could turn on game shows anytime between 9 AM and 4:30 PM.  Then there were the syndicated shows that ran between 7 - 8 PM.

Those were the days!
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

irwinsjournal.com

« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2012, 08:16:09 PM »
Count me in for Art Fleming's Jeopardy! and Concentration being my oldest memories of game shows.  Password is probably in there somewhere also but I don't recall which version.  I've watched too many old episodes to be able to say clearly which episodes I watched when they actually aired.

Somewhat later: The Gong Show, The Magnificent Marble Machine, Clark Pyramid, Match Game 7x, Tattletales, Pay Cards!, Cross-Wits, Split Second, Dawson Feud, Name That Tune, To Tell The Truth and Beat the Clock.  Oh, and Musical Chairs.  And Hollywood Squares, and Storybook Squares.

I think Chris still gets to tell me to get off his lawn.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 08:18:47 PM by irwinsjournal.com »
George in Ellison Park, NY

irwinsjournal.com

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2012, 08:31:15 PM »
I will, but it's because I just had it mowed and the landscapers are having a birdbath delivered tomorrow. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe