Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The First Annual 24-Hour Game Show Marathon  (Read 5449 times)

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
The First Annual 24-Hour Game Show Marathon
« on: March 07, 2012, 12:31:24 PM »
This year, on behalf of the American Cancer Society, Relay For Life and WSIN, I, Christian Carrion, along with some friends, will be attempting something never done on the station before.

As a matter of fact, I don't think it's ever been done before on American radio.

From 3pm Friday (April 27) to 3pm Saturday (April 28), listen to WSINRADIO.ORG and watch LIVE at ustream.tv (keyword: WSINRadio) as I, Bob Hagh, Cory Anotado, and some friends from SCSU and LaSalle University in PA re-enact 24 of the greatest game shows of all time. It's one game an hour, for a continuous 24 hours. During the show, you can pledge donations online via WSIN's Relay For Life team page.

Questions, answers, bells, buzzers, words, drawings, music, and laughter -- nonstop, for an entire day. Can we do it? Will we make history? Will we become delusional in the process?

24 game shows. 24 hours. No sleep.

This is the first annual 24-Hour Game Show Marathon.

**Sponsored by Colleges Against Cancer and WSIN 1590 AM**

http://www.facebook.com/events/363892550309845/
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

DoItRockapella

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 02:06:20 PM »
OK, this I have to tune into. I'm still kicking myself for completely missing the live web stream of 24 Hour Panel People, a BBC online telethon in which comedian David Walliams attempted to stage twenty famous British game shows in twenty-four hours.

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 02:28:01 PM »
Update: Here's our logo (thanks to Cory "pacdude" Anotado):

http://cl.ly/3B120j0v2V3u3m0E2n0R

Every title you see will be represented in the broadcast.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 02:32:12 PM by DoorNumberFour »
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services

tpirfan28

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 02:32:36 PM »
Pointless and Million-Dollar Mind Game?  Sold.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 02:59:03 PM »
Is this going to be kept/shared for posterity?
Travis L. Eberle

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 03:16:57 PM »
Is this going to be kept/shared for posterity?
Absolutely. We'll have the entire 24 hours' worth of audio recorded, and I'm gonna have two or three friends with cameras, so you can bet I'll put a highlight show together.

Also, I believe UStream will save the broadcast for later viewing on our page.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 03:22:50 PM by DoorNumberFour »

pacdude

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 03:35:14 PM »
There's some cool shows hiding beyond the logo that is inspired—rather generously—from 24 Hour Panel People. I'm super excited to be a part of this, and I'm glad we're doing this for a good cause.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 03:56:46 PM »
If the last game isn't Cram, I'll have no truck with the lot of you. :)
Travis L. Eberle

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 03:58:47 PM »
If the last game isn't Cram, I'll have no truck with the lot of you. :)

I think it'll be Cram, whether we know it or not. :)

JepMasta

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 07:43:46 PM »
Can't wait for this.  As the brother of a cancer survivor, I really wish I could somehow take part, but I will be watching, and you can count on some cash-roo from Tennessee

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 11:44:47 AM »
Bumping this topic to announce that we at WSIN now have an official donation page for the American Cancer Society/Relay For Life.

We're accepting donations on this page starting today, but this is also the page where will be taking donations during the Marathon. Give what you can -- every penny counts.

http://main.acsevents.org/goto/WSIN

Also, thank you all so much for your incredible support of this event. We're all really excited for it, and we can't wait to entertain you all for a day -- and for such a good cause.

DoItRockapella

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 10:40:58 AM »
Here's my question: I want to invite all my Facebook friends to this event, but when I type things like "24 Hour Game Show" into the search box, the page linked to on this thread doesn't seem to come up.

Anybody know why?

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2012, 11:19:45 AM »
Here's my question: I want to invite all my Facebook friends to this event, but when I type things like "24 Hour Game Show" into the search box, the page linked to on this thread doesn't seem to come up.

Anybody know why?

Have you yourself joined the event? Until you do that, I don't think it'll come up in a search.

DoItRockapella

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2012, 11:25:20 AM »

Anybody know why?

Have you yourself joined the event? Until you do that, I don't think it'll come up in a search.

Just tried that - it worked. I'm fairly new to Facebook. so thanks for letting me know.

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2012, 11:26:21 AM »

Anybody know why?

Just tried that - it worked. I'm fairly new to Facebook. so thanks for letting me know.

No worries! Thanks so much for all the invites! It's immensely appreciated.