Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Caesars Challenge Episode guide  (Read 58637 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Caesars Challenge Episode guide
« Reply #165 on: March 18, 2012, 10:19:32 PM »
I know. But it was US Dollars on "Caesars Challenge.
Proof or Not Real.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

SamJ93

« Reply #166 on: March 19, 2012, 08:39:16 AM »
I know. But it was US Dollars on "Caesars Challenge.
Proof or Not Real.

Sadly, Fan4Sure is half-right. The scores were indeed US dollars, but towards the end of the run the producers ran out of money and began offering contestants their winnings in gold foil-covered chocolate coins. Aside from the aforementioned $100K winner, who insisted on having 7 dump trucks show up at her house, the contestants staged a massive protest outside Caesars Palace, alongside similarly wronged "Lingo" and "Reel to Reel Picture Show*" contestants. You can read about all of this in Dan Doherty's tell-all book, "You (Ah)mad, bro? The Shocking True Story of 'Caesars Challenge," Which, BTW, also contains a full episode guide, with every single contestant's name and score. Fan4Sure, why haven't you inquired about this classic tome at your local library?  I'm sure they'd love to assist you there.

*Yes, it's true "Reel to Reel" wouldn't exist until 5 years later, but the contestants prematurely protested after being warned of the future problem by their personal psychics. They still went on the show anyway because they didn't want to cause a rift in the space-time continuum.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 08:41:04 AM by SamJ93 »
It's a well-known fact that Lincoln loved mayonnaise!

golden-road

« Reply #167 on: March 19, 2012, 11:14:46 AM »
Sadly, Fan4Sure is half-right. The scores were indeed US dollars, but towards the end of the run the producers ran out of money and began offering contestants their winnings in gold foil-covered chocolate coins. Aside from the aforementioned $100K winner, who insisted on having 7 dump trucks show up at her house, the contestants staged a massive protest outside Caesars Palace, alongside similarly wronged "Lingo" and "Reel to Reel Picture Show*" contestants. You can read about all of this in Dan Doherty's tell-all book, "You (Ah)mad, bro? The Shocking True Story of 'Caesars Challenge," Which, BTW, also contains a full episode guide, with every single contestant's name and score. Fan4Sure, why haven't you inquired about this classic tome at your local library?  I'm sure they'd love to assist you there.

*Yes, it's true "Reel to Reel" wouldn't exist until 5 years later, but the contestants prematurely protested after being warned of the future problem by their personal psychics. They still went on the show anyway because they didn't want to cause a rift in the space-time continuum.

10 Billion Zimbabwe Intarnets.

tpirfan28

« Reply #168 on: March 19, 2012, 11:19:47 AM »
Can anyone confirm if one of the episodes had Richard Whitely guest hosting?  Heard it last night at the lanes.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #169 on: March 19, 2012, 12:31:28 PM »
Can anyone confirm if one of the episodes had Richard Whitely guest hosting?  Heard it last night at the lanes.

Not only that but Carol Vorderman came with him.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #170 on: March 19, 2012, 01:11:38 PM »
You can read about all of this in Dan Doherty's tell-all book, "You (Ah)mad, bro? The Shocking True Story of 'Caesars Challenge,"
I would *totally* read this book. Bravo. Bravissimo.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Fan4Sure

« Reply #171 on: March 19, 2012, 02:29:53 PM »

10 Billion Zimbabwe Intarnets.

I wish you'd stop saying that.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #172 on: March 19, 2012, 03:05:45 PM »
I wish you'd stop saying that.
We wish something too.
Travis L. Eberle

J.R.

« Reply #173 on: March 19, 2012, 04:39:29 PM »
You can read about all of this in Dan Doherty's tell-all book, "You (Ah)mad, bro? The Shocking True Story of 'Caesars Challenge,"
This is epic win.
-Joe Raygor

Kevin Prather

« Reply #174 on: March 19, 2012, 05:40:48 PM »
Not only that but Carol Vorderman came with him.
Oh.

RMF

« Reply #175 on: March 19, 2012, 10:55:22 PM »
You do know, if we're going to be discussing the pilots to Caesars Challenge, we're going to have to admit something very important:

It took close to forty years for Caesars Challenge to make it to the air, and, in the interval, half the notable talents involved in American game show production (and a bunch of obscurities) made various attempts to find a format that works.

I've personally seen close to twenty different pilots, and my understandings are that many of us have seen more.

Therefore, Fan4Sure, I need you to be more precise when talking about pilots. What pilots do you have in mind?

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #176 on: March 20, 2012, 11:48:35 AM »
Cleopatra-Caesar's first Challenge.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #177 on: March 20, 2012, 11:53:18 AM »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

bscripps

• Button-Pushing Monkey
Ben Scripps. Professional button-pushing monkey.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #179 on: March 20, 2012, 12:57:16 PM »
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.