Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Super Pay Cards!" Question  (Read 7708 times)

chrisholland03

"Super Pay Cards!" Question
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2010, 01:41:39 PM »
I still have a stack of the 'used' Match Game cards from the following year at Aaron Sica's place.

And who was responsible for the Dream House mix-tape?

'Dream House...Dream House...Dream House...LOOOOOSER!'

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2010, 01:45:15 PM »
[quote name=\'chrisholland03\' post=\'234754\' date=\'Jan 21 2010, 02:38 PM\']Oh, how I am hoping there isn't LOL[/quote]

Better watch out; some of us have a good portion of GSC4 on tape. I hear the group singing The Better Sex theme music is perfect for Youtube this time of year....;-)

--Jamie

whewfan

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2010, 02:07:41 PM »
I was at the GSC where Mary Lou called in. Unfortunately she had very little to say about Super Pay Cards. She told an interesting story about her audition, where she says she saw lots of BEAUTIFUL women. Mary told us she never considered herself to be "beautiful", so she was surprised she got the job. She asked the producers why she got the nod, and from what I gather, they were more interested in a lady that would interact well with Art and the contestants, as opposed to being "eye candy".

She also said that the producers were giving her notes about her performance, because she was noticeably nervous at first and not even looking at the camera. She never had the "role" of a game show hostess, and her approach was to simply think of it as a role, which may be why she sort of comes across as not completely natural.

Beyond that, she spoke mostly about her career in theatre, and if anyone looks at the tape from GSC9, you'll see a LOT of VERY BORED GSCers.

mcsittel

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2010, 02:59:16 PM »
[quote name=\'chrisholland03\' post=\'234755\' date=\'Jan 21 2010, 01:41 PM\']I still have a stack of the 'used' Match Game cards from the following year at Aaron Sica's place.

And who was responsible for the Dream House mix-tape?

'Dream House...Dream House...Dream House...LOOOOOSER!'[/quote]

That would be me, Chris.  GSC7 was a memorable event indeed.  I still have the videotapes made at the event... something like 5 hours worth?

Matt

ChuckNet

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2012, 03:57:48 PM »
Hey, I'm back...haven't been around these parts much due to a busy sched between work and spending time w/my fiance, but thought I'd drop by to answer the question.

The "crockpot" incident of which you speak refers to an ep in which MLB offered it to an audience member, who looked considerably less-than-enthused about it...that's the long and short of it, but as Paul Harvey would say, "now you know the rest of the story".

Chuck Donegan (The Happy-To-Be-Back "Chuckie Baby")