Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: LMAD Renewed for Season 4  (Read 6273 times)

J.R.

LMAD Renewed for Season 4
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2012, 12:59:04 AM »
Oddly enough, my viewing experience has been just about the opposite of yours.  In nearly every episode I've seen, Wayne reveals the contestant's door choice second, whether it be the Big Deal or not.  This makes the reveal of the remaining door very awkward if the Big Deal has been won and already revealed.
I wonder what would happen we both watched Brady LMAD at the same time?
-Joe Raygor

JakeT

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2012, 01:28:24 AM »
Oddly enough, my viewing experience has been just about the opposite of yours.  In nearly every episode I've seen, Wayne reveals the contestant's door choice second, whether it be the Big Deal or not.  This makes the reveal of the remaining door very awkward if the Big Deal has been won and already revealed.
I wonder what would happen we both watched Brady LMAD at the same time?

Then Rick Santorum, Rush Limbaugh & Barack Obama would get gay married, poligamy-style and then the world would explode!

Or something probably close that...:)

JakeT
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 01:28:39 AM by JakeT »

BrandonFG

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2012, 01:49:01 AM »
And yes, having a two-contestant Big Deal is significantly more exciting than the current format, especially when one player chooses, say, door #1 and the other chooses door #3 and Monty starts out revealing door #2, building the anticipation that one of the lucky players is about to hit the jackpot.  And then he hits us with "Let's see what's behind door #3...AFTER we see door #1!!"  THAT, my friends, is what the Big Deal is all about.
This. All of this. The tension Monty built to the big reveal was magnificent. Even with just a solo Big Deal, Wayne could at the very least say..."Okay Door #1 wasn't the Big Deal...you picked...#2? We'll check out Door #2 after we see Door #3!" The contestant gets excited, the audience goes bananas, we see the kitchen that got passed up.

The whole..."Is Door #3 worth $24,000?!", only for Jonathan to mention that it's a $3,000 kitchen, thus burying the lead, does absolutely nothing to build the suspense. I can tell it's worth much less than a Big Deal when I see nothing but appliances. I wonder if Monty has even brought this to the producers' attention, or if they even care?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 01:52:03 AM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2012, 01:54:21 AM »
All the more reason the show should make the Big Deal between two contestants.
This cannot be overstated enough. The solo Big Deal is near the top of Stupid Dumbnity in all of  game shows.

One of the things that our version of Deal or No Deal kinda missed was that the money wasn't the point; the question is the point. What the offer is was immaterial, the object was to pitch an offer just right so that the player will squirm and moan and pace around and agonize over the consequences of whatever their choice was. I will stand by the idea that the second prize of the Super Deal should be no less than the third prize in the Big Deal, and the third prize of the Super Deal should be enough to cover the costs of the trip there (to wit, $1,000 or so) When the player blows it, that should have some impact to it, and stepping down to $9,000 doesn't really cut it.
Travis L. Eberle