Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Steve Harvey Gets Talk Show  (Read 3678 times)

opimus

Steve Harvey Gets Talk Show
« on: March 12, 2012, 12:26:32 PM »
I'm probaly  respeating  old news. Steve Harvey Will be doing a talk show in the fall. If this is old news feel free to delete this.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 12:28:37 PM by opimus »

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 12:29:10 PM »
I did hear about the talk show, but I'm sure he'll be staying with "Feud".
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.

jalman

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 12:53:16 PM »
That was misleading. At least place a question mark in the title?

opimus

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 01:14:36 PM »
When will Steve have time to do Feud. He will be doing a radio show on top of a five days week talk show.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 01:23:55 PM »
When will Steve have time to do Feud. He will be doing a radio show on top of a five days week talk show.
That's not your decision to make. It's a pretty ass backwards assumption, considering Feud is not an every day job- neither is the talk show, really.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

opimus

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 01:36:53 PM »
That's not your decision to make. It's a pretty ass backwards assumption, considering Feud is not an every day job- neither is the talk show, really.
Steve will still be doing Feud according to his latest tweet. Sorry I jumped the gun.  Mods please delete this thread.

opimus

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 02:31:23 PM »

I think this says it all.
I said I was wrong . There's no need for  name calling.

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 03:22:17 PM »
The problem isn't that you were wrong. The problem is why you were wrong (and how frequently you are wrong).  After seeing the number of media personalities who hold multiple gigs at once, if you seriously believed what you wrote, then pacdude gets his free shot in. Swallow and deal.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

pacdude

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 03:43:32 PM »
The problem isn't that you were wrong. The problem is why you were wrong (and how frequently you are wrong).  After seeing the number of media personalities who hold multiple gigs at once, if you seriously believed what you wrote, then pacdude gets his free shot in. Swallow and deal.

Thank you.

Look at Seacrest. On Air, American Top 40, American Idol, E! News. A radio show takes the amount of time it takes to air it, plus or minus a couple hours a day for prep time. A TV show isn't a 5-day-a-week gig.

BrandonFG

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 03:54:44 PM »
I know it's moot now, but doesn't Feud get all of its episodes in the can over the course of a summer? By the time he starts taping his talk show, he could possibly be done with half a season at least.

Besides, Feud is enjoying a huge surge of popularity, mostly thanks to Steve. I doubt he'd walk away from that just to do a talk show.

Again, it's all moot now, but still...
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Terry K

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 04:55:53 PM »
This poses a more legit question, would we see FF moved to different/less desirable time slots?  As I recall when Meredith was on today she had to be off the air by 9 so she would not be competing with herself.  And Oprah had similar mandates with dr Phil and Oz that neither would compete with her.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2012, 08:25:36 PM »
Nice to see the topic title was changed. Thanks, guys.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

colonial

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2012, 08:55:50 PM »
Atlanta Journal-Constitution has confirmed that Steve Harvey will be doing both FF and a daily talk show next fall...

http://blogs.ajc.com/radio-tv-talk/2012/03/12/steve-harveys-talk-show-set-in-chicago-not-atlanta/?cxntlid=thbz_hm

Getting to the point...

1) Harvey will tape the next season of FF in Atlanta from April until mid-summer

2) He will then go to Chicago to tape his talk show.  NBCU used to tape Springer and Wilkos there, but they moved to Connecticut a few years ago.

JD

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2012, 09:34:35 PM »
His daily radio show is moving to Chicago as well.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

calliaume

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2012, 09:50:47 PM »
I saw a mention of this on a local media blog.  Unfortunately, I can't reach this forum on my office computer (since it's considered a gambling site), so...

Does anyone remember anybody hosting a syndie talk show and game show simultaneously?  Yes, Meredith Viera is pretty close, but Today isn't syndicated, and I don't remember too many people wanting to run game shows in the 8:30 AM time slot, so there wasn't a big issue with competing against oneself.