Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Host of "The Money Maze" and some actor arrested  (Read 2169 times)

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

Matt Ottinger

Host of "The Money Maze" and some actor arrested
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 11:54:09 AM »
I was JUST about to post something that would have been almost exactly like this.  You win.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 11:39:55 PM »
So father and son got arrested. Aww.

/only sarcastic in the sense that you just don't see that everyday
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 11:45:19 PM »
It's actually some fairly serious business going on there, I'd be a little slower to poke fun.
If you didn’t create it, it isn’t your content.

PYLdude

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 11:49:07 PM »
It's actually some fairly serious business going on there, I'd be a little slower to poke fun.

I know...hence the slashie below that statement. I was aware of Clooney the younger's arrest, wasn't aware of Clooney the elder's presence.

I'm not poking fun, I'm just remarking about how not so often you hear of things like that. At least not when celebrities are involved, of course.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 12:01:23 AM »
I know...hence the slashie below that statement. I was aware of Clooney the younger's arrest, wasn't aware of Clooney the elder's presence.

I'm not poking fun, I'm just remarking about how not so often you hear of things like that. At least not when celebrities are involved, of course.
Word. Chocolate frosty milkshakes on me.
If you didn’t create it, it isn’t your content.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 12:40:28 AM »
The whole point of the exercise was to draw attention to the cause, so in that sense, getting arrested was probably a good thing, and possibly even the whole idea.  "George Clooney loiters outside a building with his dad" isn't a story.  I doubt getting arrested is going to do anything to George's bankability, and I'm guessing he could afford bail.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

PYLdude

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 09:20:58 PM »
The whole point of the exercise was to draw attention to the cause, so in that sense, getting arrested was probably a good thing, and possibly even the whole idea.  "George Clooney loiters outside a building with his dad" isn't a story.  I doubt getting arrested is going to do anything to George's bankability, and I'm guessing he could afford bail.

Well put.