Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Newlywed Game question  (Read 4646 times)

TimK2003

Newlywed Game question
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2012, 01:49:13 AM »
is thread also makes me wonder about the Paul Rodriguez version, since, as I type this reply, his version was not rerun on GSN. I know his and the 1996 Bullard versions were not that great in the first place to be rerun at all; it's more about if "Book of Love" could be allowed to play again.

First off, Bullard did the "Card Sharks: Epic Fail" remake and not "The Newlywed Game: Epic Fail" version on Fox. (Gary Kroeger did TNG:EF).

And you answered your own question as to why the Rodriguez and Kroeger versions were never aired on GSN -- they were both so far off from the traditional Newlywed Game format.

BrandonFG

Newlywed Game question
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2012, 07:52:29 AM »
Kroeger's "Newlywed" was syndicated, but for some reason I thought GSN aired it in the late-90s.

Whammy: Bullard's "Card Sharks" aired in 2001, not 96.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Newlywed Game question
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2012, 08:14:34 AM »
Kroeger's "Newlywed" was syndicated, but for some reason I thought GSN aired it in the late-90s.
I think you're onto something...didn't GSN simulcast both TDG and TNG?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

aaron sica

Newlywed Game question
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2012, 09:10:53 AM »
I think you're onto something...didn't GSN simulcast both TDG and TNG?

They did...I remember this being a topic at my GSC back in '97 because I think Bob Eubanks was coming back to host TNG?

MrBuddwing

Newlywed Game question
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2012, 09:33:15 AM »
For some reason, I was under the Impression that "WKRP" was able to use popular songs without clearance by playing only a few seconds of each. (Apparently, that's not the case.)

gamed121683

Newlywed Game question
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2012, 09:51:40 AM »
For some reason, I was under the Impression that "WKRP" was able to use popular songs without clearance by playing only a few seconds of each. (Apparently, that's not the case.)

In a a somewhat related topic (and I learned this courtesy of a Simpsons DVD commentary), A TV show can get away with paying song royalties if only the first two lines of the tune were sung. Not sure if they we're blowing smoke, though.

toddyo

Newlywed Game question
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2012, 10:13:50 AM »
Ask the estate of George Harrison about how three notes made plagiarism worth more than a doo-lang, doo-lang.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 10:14:21 AM by toddyo »

dale_grass

Newlywed Game question
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2012, 10:30:54 AM »
Ask the estate of George Harrison about how three notes made plagiarism worth more than a doo-lang, doo-lang.
I still remember the first time I heard My Sweet Lord and thought it sounded an awful lot like He's So Fine.