Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Baseball pre-emptions today  (Read 1801 times)

brianhenke

Baseball pre-emptions today
« on: April 05, 2012, 03:26:04 PM »
WKRC pre-empts LMAD for a Cincinnati Reds Opening Day special.

Do you know of any other stations preempting games today for baseball?

Brian
The leaves start to change color in May?

tpirfan28

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 04:07:41 PM »
Yes.  ESPN preempting their games for a simulcast of ESPNEWS.  Oh wait, that's MLB's blackout rules.

Carry on.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 10:24:20 PM »
That's...odd, didn't think too many CBS affiliates carried baseball teams but hey.

(or perhaps more accurately "still")
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

aaron sica

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 11:44:14 PM »
That's...odd, didn't think too many CBS affiliates carried baseball teams but hey.

WJZ in Baltimore carries the Sunday afternoon Orioles games, usually, and some others I think. They are still simulcast on MASN at the time but for those without cable it's a nice way to see them

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 11:46:27 PM »

WJZ in Baltimore carries the Sunday afternoon Orioles games, usually, and some others I think. They are still simulcast on MASN at the time but for those without cable it's a nice way to see them

Well, Sunday I could understand...I'm talking more during the week.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Tim L

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 01:46:23 PM »

Well, Sunday I could understand...I'm talking more during the week.
edit: Meant to say CW/MyNetwork affiliates, which arent really relevant to this discussion I guess..

I am seeing this last weekend that the Harrisburg/Lebanon/York, Pa.  CBS/CW affiliates were carrying Phillies Baseball (On the Roku-USTV Now)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 01:48:34 PM by Tim L »

aaron sica

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 11:44:28 AM »
I am seeing this last weekend that the Harrisburg/Lebanon/York, Pa.  CBS/CW affiliates were carrying Phillies Baseball (On the Roku-USTV Now)

Yep! WLYH (Cw-15) has carried Phillies games since sometime in the 1980's...The ones that air on WPHL-17..