Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Showcase Showdown Camera Angle  (Read 2452 times)

grimmte

Showcase Showdown Camera Angle
« on: December 12, 2003, 01:26:26 PM »
Watching the Showcase Showdown today, I noticed that as the wheel came to a stop, the way the camera was positioned on it looked a little different. It started on an incline and as the wheel stopped it positioned itself normally. Have they done it this way before?

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2003, 01:51:13 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 01:30 PM\'] You really should have posted some spoiler space for the west coasters and those who have not seen the episode yet. [/quote]
 I don't want to get into the eternal "Is this really a spoiler?" debate but since no results were spoiled, how could this be a spoiler?

Anyhow, I noticed that as well.  Even though the camera presented a very cool angle of the wheel, I hope it's a one time deal.

Mike Tennant

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2003, 01:52:32 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 01:30 PM\']You really should have posted some spoiler space for the west coasters and those who have not seen the episode yet.[/quote]
I hope you're kidding about this.  A possible new camera angle is now spoiler-worthy?  No game content or results were revealed, after all.

DYosua

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2003, 01:59:35 PM »
It seems like it will be a permanent thing; someone who was there at the 12/8 taping said they were doing it then, as per a post at the Golden Road.  When I first saw it, I thought that Bart caught one of the cameramen offguard.  I perhaps could have tolerated it for a MDS, but I don't like it as an everyday thing.

tvrandywest

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2003, 03:19:13 PM »
The new camera angle has been used for several weeks of taping and is still being used, with minor adjustments. The intent is to have the home viewer see more of the numbers that are approaching the pointer.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

gameshowguy2000

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2003, 08:53:31 PM »
Hmm, wanted to build suspense is what I thought.

Hey Randy, do you remember the Split-Screens they used to do with the spinner's face on the left and the wheel on the right?

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2003, 01:29:17 AM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 08:53 PM\'] Hmm, wanted to build suspense is what I thought.

Hey Randy, do you remember the Split-Screens they used to do with the spinner's face on the left and the wheel on the right? [/quote]
 I'm sure the rest of us remember that shot as well, not just Randy. (Not to be taken as a stab at Randy).

I didn't really care for this camera shot, it seemed to be oddly slanted...but that's just my opinion
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Skynet74

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2003, 01:35:58 AM »
I think the New camera angle is kind of cool. It's a nice harmless change. Things like that I can deal with. Big Ugly Mexican Restaurant Turntable Murals are a diffferent story.  :-)

John

JMFabiano

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2003, 12:29:13 PM »
[quote name=\'Mike Tennant\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 01:52 PM\'] [quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 01:30 PM\']You really should have posted some spoiler space for the west coasters and those who have not seen the episode yet.[/quote]
I hope you're kidding about this.  A possible new camera angle is now spoiler-worthy?  No game content or results were revealed, after all. [/quote]
 Well seeing as I was b*tched out on RATMM way back when for openly mentioning that the MST3K Sci-Fi finale used the "push the button, Frank" SFX, who knows how touchy some people can be with spoilers?
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

Radiofreewill

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2003, 12:40:44 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 08:53 PM\'] Hey Randy, do you remember the Split-Screens they used to do with the spinner's face on the left and the wheel on the right? [/quote]
 I'm not Randy, but I STILL miss those!