Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Applause SFX?  (Read 6053 times)

bricon

Applause SFX?
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2003, 12:51:55 PM »
I do remember that back in the late 60s a production of "Arsenic and Old Lace" was done for ABC with a live audience in a theater. The producer and director decided to include a few audience reaction shots during the play, since they didn't mind trying to hide that it was a stage production. One of the critics still accused them of using canned laughter and cutting in stock footage of audiences, because the live audience that attended the taping seemed to be enjoying the play immensely. You can't win.

I have a ticket to that broadcast, actually done at ABC TV Center, not in a legitimate theater.  I'd love to see what that must have looked like.

ObGameShow:  "Millionaire"  tapes at TV Center.

Jimmy Owen

Applause SFX?
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2003, 03:18:25 PM »
[quote name=\'bricon\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 12:51 PM\']
I do remember that back in the late 60s a production of "Arsenic and Old Lace" was done for ABC with a live audience in a theater. The producer and director decided to include a few audience reaction shots during the play, since they didn't mind trying to hide that it was a stage production. One of the critics still accused them of using canned laughter and cutting in stock footage of audiences, because the live audience that attended the taping seemed to be enjoying the play immensely. You can't win.

I have a ticket to that broadcast, actually done at ABC TV Center, not in a legitimate theater.  I'd love to see what that must have looked like.

ObGameShow:  "Millionaire"  tapes at TV Center. [/quote]
 I saw that when it originally aired. I was six or seven years old. It was aired in one of the ABC movie slots and I remember wondering why this "movie" was not on film and had an audience.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

vtown7

Applause SFX?
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2003, 07:39:17 AM »
But today, unless you get out of show taping #1 in time to find that there are still some open seats available for the 2nd taping (a rarity nowadays), each episode has a completely new audience.

Is it actually possible to do this?  I was there for a Monday taping this summer and it never even crossed my mind that I would be able to get in.

I'm guessing though if you do get in there's no chance to get picked?

Cheers,

Ryan :)

cmjb13

Applause SFX?
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2003, 09:58:04 AM »
[quote name=\'vtown7\' date=\'Dec 13 2003, 07:39 AM\']
But today, unless you get out of show taping #1 in time to find that there are still some open seats available for the 2nd taping (a rarity nowadays), each episode has a completely new audience.

Is it actually possible to do this?  I was there for a Monday taping this summer and it never even crossed my mind that I would be able to get in.

I'm guessing though if you do get in there's no chance to get picked?

Cheers,

Ryan :) [/quote]
 If there are enough seats available for the 2nd show, they will announce that you can see a CBS page to get into the 2nd show.

They have time to interview and you do get a chance again to become a contestants. The 1st taping interview is done by Phil and the 2nd one is done by Roger.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS