Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Family Feud Gets New Set  (Read 2821 times)

dale_grass

Family Feud Gets New Set
« on: April 16, 2012, 03:35:43 PM »
This according to the show's Twitter feed.  Aside from the Arial score readouts, I didn't mind the previous years' set.

Thoughts?  Musings?  Grumblings?

(Here were the thoughts on the previous set change.)

Jeremy Nelson

Family Feud Gets New Set
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 04:12:11 PM »
Well, since they're going to HD next year, they probably want something brand new to reflect that. Plus, with their constantly improving ratings, they probably have it in the budget.

Of course, keep in mind, last time they said they had a new set, they tweaked it, but it wasn't a total overhaul.

I'll be in Atlanta in May for a quiz bowl tournament- if they're taping while I'm there, I'll try and check it out!
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

BrandonFG

Family Feud Gets New Set
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 04:18:50 PM »
It seems they've had a new set each season Harvey's been there. But then again both seasons taped in different cities, so I suppose it makes sense.

I'd love to see a show use the LCD screens, but with a simulated readout like the One-bid displays. Note: it's all geekery, it wouldn't affect my viewing habits. :-P
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

J.R.

Family Feud Gets New Set
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 09:05:53 PM »
I'd love to see a show use the LCD screens, but with a simulated readout like the One-bid displays. Note: it's all geekery, it wouldn't affect my viewing habits. :-P
I thought you shielded your eyes from the Arial displays? ;-P
-Joe Raygor

BrandonFG

Family Feud Gets New Set
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 10:22:02 PM »
I thought you shielded your eyes from the Arial displays? ;-P
No, no. I just shake my fist menacingly and grit my teeth. There's a difference, y'know! ;-)
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

HYHYBT

Family Feud Gets New Set
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 12:08:58 AM »
Family Feud moved to Atlanta a YEAR AGO? I've *got* to come around here more often!
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages

Jeremy Nelson

Family Feud Gets New Set
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 12:26:20 AM »
First day of taping will be April 24th.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Bryce L.

Family Feud Gets New Set
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 10:49:32 AM »
Any pics of the new set online yet? Just so I can see what the non-issue is this year?

BrandonFG

Family Feud Gets New Set
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 11:22:25 AM »
Any pics of the new set online yet? Just so I can see what the non-issue is this year?
Prolly not yet. I'm sure they'll "Tweet" something when they're ready.

Bryce L.

Family Feud Gets New Set
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 01:17:46 PM »
Prolly not yet. I'm sure they'll "Tweet" something when they're ready.
Fair enough.