Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The First Annual 24-Hour Game Show Marathon  (Read 5447 times)

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
The First Annual 24-Hour Game Show Marathon
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2012, 12:15:01 PM »
Because I think this type of news is appreciated around here, this is the final list of games to be played during the Marathon. In no particular order:

Card Sharks
Press Your Luck
Password Plus
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire
Win, Lose Or Draw
Pyramid
Countdown
Deal Or No Deal
Family Feud
Concentration
Blockbusters
High Rollers
The Big Showdown
You Don't Say!
Three On A Match
Wheel Of Fortune
Jeopardy
Power of 10
Million Dollar Mind Game
Chain Reaction
Just A Minute
Pointless
Would I Lie To You?
Mastermind
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2012, 12:45:53 PM »
...aaaaand thanks to Cory, we have a trailer. Please share/repost this wherever you can!

"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2012, 01:12:10 PM »
Our first bit of outside publicity! Here's an article about the Marathon written by Carrie Grosvenor from gameshows.about.com!

http://gameshows.about.com/b/2012/03/16/save-the-date-24-hour-game-show-marathon-for-charity-april-27th.htm

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2012, 08:28:46 PM »
Well, I was already excited. Now I'm really excited. Such great games, such fun. I look forward to seeing you guys play.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2012, 07:24:08 PM »
Here's a longer trailer. I think it's pretty exciting. Enjoy!

pacdude

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2012, 01:48:15 PM »
One of the things we're doing is asking for some help in the two-birds-one-stone variety.

Anyone who donates $10 or more to our Relay for Life page (located at http://main.acsevents.org/goto/WSIN) and contacts either myself, Christian or Bob via Facebook or e-mail will be put into our list of people who will get to play one of our games via either Skype or phone! This is a great way to get directly involved and it gives you a chance to be part of history.

Let one of us know before you donate if you'd like to be a contestant so we can make sure we still have room! And if you don't want to play, but want to just help us raise money to fight against cancer, that's OK too!

pacdude

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2012, 09:50:32 AM »
One of the things we're doing is asking for some help in the two-birds-one-stone variety.

Anyone who donates $10 or more to our Relay for Life page (located at http://main.acsevents.org/goto/WSIN) and contacts either myself, Christian or Bob via Facebook or e-mail will be put into our list of people who will get to play one of our games via either Skype or phone! This is a great way to get directly involved and it gives you a chance to be part of history.

Let one of us know before you donate if you'd like to be a contestant so we can make sure we still have room! And if you don't want to play, but want to just help us raise money to fight against cancer, that's OK too!

I'm bumping this to reiterate that we would still love a few players to stay up with us and play some of our less buzzer-happy games! Contact me, Christian or Bob for details.

BrandonFG

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2012, 12:01:06 PM »
I'll definitely try for something Friday night/early Saturday.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

DoItRockapella

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2012, 12:29:00 PM »
I'd be delighted, but I'm not in Connecticut. Still, I'm willing to come in via Skype any time you guys need me!

Bryce L.

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2012, 08:04:06 PM »
Pacdude, check your facebook inbox, I left you a message there...

pacdude

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2012, 12:41:12 PM »
As we move closer to the Marathon, we've opened up our Facebook Page where you can donate, watch and listen online. You can also like our page and share it with all your friends on the FBook. We hope that you all give us a nice big LIKE as we move closer to showtime!

https://www.facebook.com/24HourGSM

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2012, 10:28:04 PM »
The New Haven Register is running this article about me and the Marathon in tomorrow's issue. What a honor!

http://www.newhavenregister.com/articles/2012/04/24/news/doc4f97202b066fb581291784.txt?viewmode=default
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 10:28:23 PM by DoorNumberFour »

jalman

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2012, 03:55:15 PM »
My interview with Cory & Christian. Thanks guys! Keep up the good work!