Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Might As Well Make It Official...  (Read 2151 times)

DoItRockapella

Might As Well Make It Official...
« on: April 17, 2012, 02:35:28 PM »
"Baggage" Enters Syndication On September 17.

Lucky us, huh? I realize now I was being too optimistic, but I was hoping that The Oprah Winfrey Show, All My Children, and One Life To Live all ending would mean more game shows, not less.

Jer-ry, Jer-ry, Jer-ry...

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 03:06:29 PM »
"Baggage" Enters Syndication On September 17.

Lucky us, huh? I realize now I was being too optimistic, but I was hoping that The Oprah Winfrey Show, All My Children, and One Life To Live all ending would mean more game shows, not less.
There are lots of channels on your TV.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

catnap1972

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 04:35:32 PM »
New episodes or repeats?

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 04:44:34 PM »
New episodes or repeats?
Reruns I believe.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 09:06:27 PM »
I think they should consider trying new eps in syndication...I for one like Baggage. Think it's a rather inoffensive way to spend a half-hour, and syndication has seemed to like shows like this over the years in first-run, what harm could it do to try?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 05:59:25 AM »
I think they should consider trying new eps in syndication...I for one like Baggage. Think it's a rather inoffensive way to spend a half-hour, and syndication has seemed to like shows like this over the years in first-run, what harm could it do to try?
The majority of the audience in syndication probably hasn't been exposed to Baggage yet.  Why go to the expense of making new episodes when they are going to be fresh to many?  If the show is a syndication success, then order them up.  If it flops, you've saved some money.

I watch Jerry on occasion but haven't seen it happen...does he ever mention or plug it?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

golden-road

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 08:51:48 AM »
I watch Jerry on occasion but haven't seen it happen...does he ever mention or plug it?

Don't believe so.

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 11:43:36 AM »
I honestly think this is one of the more entertaining relationship shows on TV, and I enjoy it when it's on. There are far more boring ways to spend a half-hour on TV, especially on GSN.
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

BrandonFG

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 12:05:35 PM »
Honestly, it's not like there's a lot of syndicated options this year. While I'm not the biggest fan of dating shows (they're take 'em or leave 'em). I'm not crying foul. Like Chris said, I can always vote with my remote.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!