Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Is Alex Trebek starting to lose it?  (Read 7331 times)

Matt Ottinger

Is Alex Trebek starting to lose it?
« on: May 04, 2012, 12:15:16 PM »
For one thing, I didn't realize the National Enquirer still existed anymore.

Secondly, they don't appear to have changed much.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Hastin

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 12:50:29 PM »
Anyway, this is simple to do, especially when they are on the same sheet (I've done it hosting my work's annual Jeopardy! tournament). At the last taping of Jeopardy! I went to, Alex flubbed about 5-10 clues, that were just picked up again in post.

I don't think it's anything to worry about. Typical tabloid stuff.

//Wait, doesn't Alex always read the answers?
-Hastin :)

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 01:34:15 PM »
Yeah, but this time (read: once out of ~10,000 times this season), he read the answer before anyone buzzed in.

Otm Shank

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 02:20:12 PM »
I think I puked a little into my mouth knowing that someone was actually paid to write that. I am surprised that even one paragraph has any information: the 4th to last paragraph, which was sourced from Wikipedia.

If you are going to make this "stuff" up (not to offend those who sell a fine fertilizer product sourced from male cattle), at least call the producers and his agent and get the "no comment" or a denial on the record and add some sizzle of a cover-up.

dale_grass

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 02:30:58 PM »
a fine fertilizer product sourced from male cattle
Bullshit?  Is it bullshit?

golden-road

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 01:40:00 AM »
a fine fertilizer product sourced from male cattle
Bullshit?  Is it bullshit?

Correct. Select again.

Sodboy13

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 03:05:40 AM »
Oooh, sorry. "What is 'bullshit'?" Remember that we are in Double Jeopardy. Select again.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 04:24:50 AM »
I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss here...Fox News Sunday apparently is going to feature Alex this week and he said to Chris Wallace that he's considering stepping down at the end of the year but is torn about it.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TheLastResort

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 06:54:51 AM »
...Fox News Sunday apparently is going to feature Alex this week and he said to Chris Wallace that he's considering stepping down at the end of the year but is torn about it.
Translation:  He wants a raise.

Yogi007

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2012, 10:56:32 PM »
I think I puked a little into my mouth knowing that someone was actually paid to write that.

Believe it or not, the writer DOES get paid to write stories like that.  

The Enquirer was correct when they wrote months before Regis acknowledged that he was "moving on" that he was leaving his show.  They also got the John Edwards story correct before the mainstream media picked up on it.  Playboy had a nice piece about this in a past issue.  

Let's see what Alex has to say on Fox News Sunday before dismissing this article from the Enquirer.
sarcasm included at no extra charge

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2012, 11:03:36 PM »
They didn't get the story about Morgan Freeman having an affair with his step-granddaughter right, however, as they both recently denied it.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2012, 11:07:55 PM »
They didn't get the story about Morgan Freeman having an affair with his step-granddaughter right, however, as they both recently denied it.
Not to unduly besmirch the good name of a fine actor, but liars tend to lie to cover up their lies.

/First I had heard about this affair.
Travis L. Eberle

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2012, 11:29:05 PM »
The Enquirer was correct when they wrote months before Regis acknowledged that he was "moving on" that he was leaving his show.  They also got the John Edwards story correct before the mainstream media picked up on it.  Playboy had a nice piece about this in a past issue.  
Yeah, well I can also write that Drew Carey is going to leave Price.  He will do it at some point, but just because I pull a prediction out of my ass doesn't make it more credible.  Junk journalism is junk journalism.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 11:30:21 PM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

peiboy91

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2012, 09:13:07 PM »
In the Fox News Sunday piece, Trebek actually says that he's considering retiring in two years after the 30th season. As he put it, "Put in your 30, and go help people."

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2012, 10:17:28 PM »
In the Fox News Sunday piece, Trebek actually says that he's considering retiring in two years after the 30th season. As he put it, "Put in your 30, and go help people."

Well put. Why not go out after another big number?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022