Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Daytime Emmy nominations are out...  (Read 3167 times)

weaklink75

Daytime Emmy nominations are out...
« on: May 09, 2012, 11:36:11 AM »
The relevant categories:

Best GS:
BrainSurge
Cash Cab
Jeopardy!
Let's Make A Deal
Wheel of Fortune
Who Wants to Be a Millionaire

Best GS Host:

Ben Bailey
Todd Newton
Wayne Brady
Meredith Viera

They'll be awarded June 23rd, but there's no TV deal for it yet...

chad1m

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 11:44:43 AM »
Full release here. Jeopardy!is also nominated in the "outstanding promotinal announcement - episodic" category against. I'm In the Band, Pair of Kings, Dr. Phil, General Hospital and Today.

MyronMMeyer

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 11:48:08 AM »
What is Todd Newton nominated for hosting?

Edited to add: Family Game Night. Should have known that. I don't get the Hub here.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 11:49:42 AM by MyronMMeyer »

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 12:21:09 PM »
Interesting that LMaD is nominated but not TPiR, considering Mike Richards oversees both shows.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

brianhenke

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 01:39:48 PM »
Interesting that LMaD is nominated but not TPiR, considering Mike Richards oversees both shows.

Also interesting was that All My Children and One Life to Live got 11 nominations each despite their cancellations (AMC was nominated for Best Dramatic Series while OLTL wasn't), while the show that replaced AMC, The Chew, didn't get one. (The OLTL replacement - the now-canceled Revolution - didn't make the eligibility period.)

Brian
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 02:17:00 PM »
Also interesting was that All My Children and One Life to Live got 11 nominations each despite their cancellations (AMC was nominated for Best Dramatic Series while OLTL wasn't), while the show that replaced AMC, The Chew, didn't get one. (The OLTL replacement - the now-canceled Revolution - didn't make the eligibility period.)

Brian

Well, considering there were only five soap operas to nominate this year, it sure seems like at least one of the two cancelled ones would get nominated, right?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 02:17:04 PM »
Veterans of internet game show fandom will remember that Aaron Solomon was part of our fun in the early years.  Now a prolific writer and producer, he's one of the named nominees for Brainsurge (as co-EP).  I believe this is his first nomination.

Also, congratulations to our own Mandel Ilagan for the recognition of Family Game Night's Todd Newton.  (Congratulations to Todd as well, of course.  I understand he pops in here now and then.)
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 12:08:31 PM »
I'm always down to watch a round of Cash Cab or two, but I think the Emmys have overrated the show. I'm happy to see Wayne Brady and Deal get a nomination, and I hope they win.

Am I right in saying that Price has yet to get a nom for either category with Drew at the helm?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 12:08:49 PM by Jeremy Nelson »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

tyshaun1

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 12:10:59 PM »
Am I right in saying that Price has yet to get a nom for either category with Drew at the helm?

The show hasn't been nominated much throughout its run, and, IIRC, Drew does not submit himself for best host.

Tyshaun
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 12:11:44 PM by tyshaun1 »

Winkfan

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2012, 05:11:45 PM »
Well, if Bergeron and Reege can win the second time around, maybe Todd can do likewise.

It also appears neither Monty nor Wink will be getting the Lifetime Acheivement honor this year. And I had my hopes on either one.....

Cordially,
Tammy
In Loving Memory: Dolores "Roxanne" Rosedale (1929-2024)

Mr. Brown

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2012, 09:30:21 PM »

No, it's been nominated a handful of times - it hasn't won though. As for best host, Drew doesn't even submit his name for consideration...
Cheers,
Mr. Brown, Esq.
‎"I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body." -Charlie Sheen

tpirfan28

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2012, 09:02:00 PM »
Jeopardy! and Todd Newton are your winners this year.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 09:02:42 PM by tpirfan28 »
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

SamPrainito

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2012, 11:29:44 PM »
I haven't been near a TV tonight.  Did they do anything to honor Dick Clark and Richard Dawson?

BrandonFG

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2012, 11:32:25 PM »
It's on another thread, but yes to Dick Clark and Bob Stewart. I imagine Richard was in the tribute as well.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Mr. Brown

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2012, 11:12:07 PM »
When did the daytime Emmys move to a Holiday Inn meeting hall??
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 11:12:23 PM by Mr. Brown »
Cheers,
Mr. Brown, Esq.
‎"I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body." -Charlie Sheen