Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Classic Concentration 25th anniversary  (Read 1962 times)

Mrs. GameShow

Classic Concentration 25th anniversary
« on: May 10, 2012, 01:22:45 PM »
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Hi Everyone,

Steve just posted some rebus puzzles and pictures on his Facebook page (Steve Ryan Games) to commemorate the 25th anniversary of Classic Concentration.  

Come and join us in the fun.   He’d love to hear from you.  And if you have a suggestion for things you would like to see on his Facebook page, let us know.  And just maybe your idea might become one of his post topics.  Cathi's email ("thegameshows@aol.com")  

We’ve discovered some fun things in his archives that he will be showing on Facebook.

Easiest way to get to his Facebook page is to go to [size="4"][size="5"][size="6"]www.steveryangames.com[/size][/size][/size] and click on the Facebook icon.  Be sure to “Like” us so that you can comment on his posts.  This is the only place that Steve will personally respond to posts.  

Be sure to tell all your friends.[/font]

wdm1219inpenna

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 05:36:02 AM »
Thank you for this.  Wow, 25 years already?!?!  I have fond memories of the Narz syndie version too, and at best very very vague memories of the original on NBC.  I think I was only 6 when it went off the air back in 1973, when it was still in New York.

I definitely miss this show and am amazed that it's not been tried again.  Seems it went off around 1991, with reruns being aired til around '94 or so.  Regular network daytime game shows are a dying breed, just as soap operas are.  You can watch "Let's Make A Deal" from 10-11am est, "The Price is Right" from 11 til noon, and "Millionaire" at 12:30, which provides 2.5 hours of game show entertainment during the day.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 03:14:21 PM »
You can watch "Let's Make A Deal" from 10-11am est, "The Price is Right" from 11 til noon, and "Millionaire" at 12:30, which provides 2.5 hours of game show entertainment during the day.
And one of those isn't a network game show.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

wdm1219inpenna

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 04:03:32 PM »
You can watch "Let's Make A Deal" from 10-11am est, "The Price is Right" from 11 til noon, and "Millionaire" at 12:30, which provides 2.5 hours of game show entertainment during the day.
And one of those isn't a network game show.

Ah yes, Millionaire is syndie, and not just seen on ABC stations.  My bad!