Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Coincidences  (Read 6233 times)

J.R.

Game Show Coincidences
« on: December 11, 2003, 10:18:03 PM »
This might be a good topic.

Anyone notice unsuall occurances appearing in diffrent shows ? Here's a couple examples:

On the Final episode of Marshal "HS" (1980), the contestant picks George Gobel in the lower left-hand corner on the last bonus round and nails the $5000

On the Final episode of Bergerons's ToC (2003), the contestant picks Martin Mull in the lower left-hand corner and nails the big $50,000

Both contestants were female.

And...

A Grundy Show, $ale of the Century on it's last episode (1989), gave away $6000 in the WBMG

Another Grundy Show, Scrabble on it's last episode (1990), gave away $6000 in the Bonus Sprint

Both previous attempts were unsuccefull.

Hmmm... can you think of more ?
-Joe R.
-Joe Raygor

zachhoran

Game Show Coincidences
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2003, 10:30:11 PM »
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' date=\'Dec 11 2003, 10:18 PM\'] This might be a good topic.

Anyone notice unsuall occurances appearing in diffrent shows ? Here's a couple examples:

On the Final episode of Marshal "HS" (1980), the contestant picks George Gobel in the lower left-hand corner on the last bonus round and nails the $5000

On the Final episode of Bergerons's ToC (2003), the contestant picks Martin Mull in the lower left-hand corner and nails the big $50,000

Both contestants were female.

And...

A Grundy Show, $ale of the Century on it's last episode (1989), gave away $6000 in the WBMG

Another Grundy Show, Scrabble on it's last episode (1990), gave away $6000 in the Bonus Sprint

Both previous attempts were unsuccefull.

Hmmm... can you think of more ?
-Joe R. [/quote]
 The two highest winners in Daytime TPIR history aired exactly 10 years to the day apart(Danielle's $88,876 win on 1/17/92, an $85,849 win including a Dodge Viper on 1/17/2002)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Game Show Coincidences
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2003, 11:18:22 PM »
Yeah, and Lincoln had a secretary named Kennedy, and Kennedy had a secretary named Lincoln.

Coincidence, nothing more, and if you're willing to stretch it enough (and it looks like you are), you can find coicidences in almost anything.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

Game Show Coincidences
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2003, 12:05:12 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 11 2003, 11:18 PM\'] Yeah, and Lincoln had a secretary named Kennedy, and Kennedy had a secretary named Lincoln.

Coincidence, nothing more, and if you're willing to stretch it enough (and it looks like you are), you can find coicidences in almost anything. [/quote]
 Coincidences in anything?

Well, there's two Brandons on this board, both born in 1982. That's a good one, eh? Eh?.....anyone? Or how about the fact that when my mom and I saw his HS appearance last year, we both agreed that he and I have very similar voices?

(Forgive the stupidity and rambling...finals week does that to you)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

clemon79

Game Show Coincidences
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2003, 12:07:15 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Dec 11 2003, 10:05 PM\'] (Forgive the stupidity and rambling...finals week does that to you) [/quote]
 Not at all. You're only proving my point further. ;)

Kevin Prather

Game Show Coincidences
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2003, 01:11:31 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 11 2003, 11:18 PM\'] Yeah, and Lincoln had a secretary named Kennedy, and Kennedy had a secretary named Lincoln. [/quote]
 Lincoln's assassin shot from a theatre, and hid in a warehouse. Kennedy's assassin shot from a warehouse, and hid in a theatre.

Both Lincoln and Kennedy had vice president's named Johnson.

There are a few more. I can't think of them right now.

clemon79

Game Show Coincidences
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2003, 02:11:56 AM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Dec 11 2003, 11:11 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 11 2003, 11:18 PM\'] Yeah, and Lincoln had a secretary named Kennedy, and Kennedy had a secretary named Lincoln. [/quote]
Lincoln's assassin shot from a theatre, and hid in a warehouse. Kennedy's assassin shot from a warehouse, and hid in a theatre.

Both Lincoln and Kennedy had vice president's named Johnson.

There are a few more. I can't think of them right now. [/quote]
 Dude, not for nothing, but that was kinda the point of the joke :)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Game Show Coincidences
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2003, 08:29:47 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 11 2003, 10:18 PM\'] Yeah, and Lincoln had a secretary named Kennedy, and Kennedy had a secretary named Lincoln.

Coincidence, nothing more, and if you're willing to stretch it enough (and it looks like you are), you can find coicidences in almost anything. [/quote]
 Case in point--Don Novello in the "Gilda Live" stage performance (not to mention the film) did a terrific riff using Jimmy Carter and Calvin Coolidge--calling it the "Carter-Coolidge Coincidenza".  An example, and forgive my bad transliteration:

"Carter" comiencia con la letre "C"
"Coolidge" comiencia con la letre "C"
(after a pause, and some more Italian that I can't remember)
Y "Coincidenza" comiencia con la letre "C"

At that point, he breaks back into English and says "That's good stuff."  And it was.

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

bandit_bobby

Game Show Coincidences
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2003, 10:01:07 AM »
The first $100,000 win of the season on Wheel of Fortune the last 2 seasons have happened in December.

The 2 $1,000,000 wins on Sydnicated Millionaire happened during sweeps.

BarQuizHost

Game Show Coincidences
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2003, 10:12:51 AM »
The first million dollar winner on prime time WWTBAM and the first million dollar winner on syndicated WWTBAM each have names of movie directors:  John Carpenter & Kevin Smith.

Matt Ottinger

Game Show Coincidences
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2003, 11:23:00 AM »
[quote name=\'BarQuizHost\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 11:12 AM\'] The first million dollar winner on prime time WWTBAM and the first million dollar winner on syndicated WWTBAM each have names of movie directors:  John Carpenter & Kevin Smith. [/quote]
 Oh, now THAT one I like!
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Game Show Coincidences
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2003, 11:34:45 AM »
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 10:01 AM\'] The 2 $1,000,000 wins on Sydnicated Millionaire happened during sweeps. [/quote]
 There's a very good reason for this....its called "ratings".
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Lemonjello

Game Show Coincidences
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2003, 12:06:58 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 12:18 AM\'] Yeah, and Lincoln had a secretary named Kennedy, and Kennedy had a secretary named Lincoln.
 [/quote]
 Bzzzzzt. Urban legend.
http://www.snopes.com/history/american/linckenn.htm

Thad Dixon

Game Show Coincidences
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2003, 02:12:45 PM »
As I pointed out in another thread just the other day, our own Zach Horan and my older brother William Dixon, were born only three days apart from each other.

ObGameShow:  The Nick version of Double Dare premiered on what was Amy Jo Johnson's 16th birthday.  Another Nick game show, Figure It Out, premiered on what was my 16th birthday.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Game Show Coincidences
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2003, 02:19:11 PM »
[quote name=\'Thad Dixon\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 02:12 PM\'] As I pointed out in another thread just the other day, our own Zach Horan and my older brother William Dixon, were born only three days apart from each other.

ObGameShow:  The Nick version of Double Dare premiered on what was Amy Jo Johnson's 16th birthday.  Another Nick game show, Figure It Out, premiered on what was my 16th birthday. [/quote]
 This is relevant....how?

Typing in nonsensical information in the bottom doesn't make it on-topic either.
No, I'm not trying to moderate.
--Mark
Phil 4:13