Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Another short-lived NBC treasure...  (Read 4916 times)

whewfan

Another short-lived NBC treasure...
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2012, 10:11:21 PM »
What was/is your take on "Hit Man"?  Do you remember when it debuted on NBC?  I happened to have gotten very sick over the 1982 winter recess I had from school, and I was actually home sick on Monday, January 3rd, 1983, so I was able to watch the debut of $ale of the Century, Hit Man & Just Men.  Sadly, in doing so, I missed the debut of Plinko.
Fun exercise, but I think I like it better as used on other shows, such as Survivor, Legends or Brainsurge. The Triple Crown bonus is a terrific mix of knowledge/memory retention and stank-assed luck.

No, I don't think the video game chrome helped or hurt it, no I don't think it should be revived.

I enjoyed Hit Man personally. I can see why it didn't last... I think people were expecting something closer to Starcade, and here, all the contestants do is watch short documentaries on various subjects. I think the video game element, otherwise, worked very well. Jay Wolpert told us at GSC8 a while back that Hit Man will probably never be reran on GSN only because of the rights to some of the documentary material.