Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Syndie GS announced...  (Read 9722 times)

tvwxman

New Syndie GS announced...
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2012, 11:35:25 AM »
That's about the dumbest move I've ever heard of -- Wheel and Jeopardy! are the 800-pound gorillas of syndicated games, and if I'm reading that article correctly it appears to be done so Scripps can control costs.

I can't take it anymore. Would you please post less? You have NO FLIPPING IDEA HOW TO RUN A TV STATION, let along comment on this.

This is a brilliant move for local stations. I applaud Scripps for this - no matter how good or bad the content is, they'll save (or make) a lot of money on this move, and set the stage for more local programming, which is critical for a local tv stations survival in this age.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

toetyper

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2012, 12:08:20 PM »
That's about the dumbest move I've ever heard of -- Wheel and Jeopardy! are the 800-pound gorillas of syndicated games, and if I'm reading that article correctly it appears to be done so Scripps can control costs.

I can't take it anymore. Would you please post less? You have NO FLIPPING IDEA HOW TO RUN A TV STATION, let along comment on this.

This is a brilliant move for local stations. I applaud Scripps for this - no matter how good or bad the content is, they'll save (or make) a lot of money on this move, and set the stage for more local programming, which is critical for a local tv stations survival in this age.

is that why my local cbs station  has 8 FREAKING HOURS of local news everyday?/

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2012, 12:09:23 PM »
is that why my local cbs station  has 8 FREAKING HOURS of local news everyday?/
yes
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Fedya

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2012, 12:55:24 PM »
If you can call it news....
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

BrandonFG

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2012, 01:18:33 PM »
I've never understood why people get so up in arms about more news content or what counts as news, as if they'll really be sitting home for the entire 8 hours, or as if they don't have other channels to choose from.

Not only that, but with that much content, of course there's going to be more than the crime and violence of the day. I'm not a big fan of the celebrity fluff either, but I don't mind it in between all the doom and gloom and political pissing matches going on.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Fedya

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2012, 01:37:03 PM »
Actually, I was thinking more of the moral panic stuff, like the recent "teens drinking hand sanitizer" stories.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2012, 01:38:50 PM »
More like 8 hours of "Coming up....." and a minute about drinking hand sanitizer.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

toddyo

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2012, 04:30:17 PM »
Yep, in Cincinnati, Scripps didn't renew WOF/J due to programming costs. (Raycom/WXIX will air in the existing timeslots) If these replacement shows are going to be like the graphics from Scripps-Phoenix, they wiped graphic departments in each station - and they aren't working. Didn't consolidation kill radio?

J.R.

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2012, 06:03:01 PM »
I'm assuming the stations that dropped WOF and J! in those areas have found new homes?
-Joe Raygor

trainman

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2012, 10:39:40 PM »
I'm assuming the stations that dropped WOF and J! in those areas have found new homes?

I haven't heard of any angry mobs burning down the stations for dropping WoF and J! -- why would the stations have to move?

To answer the question you meant to ask, yes, I'd say it's a very good assumption that CBS/King World will be able to find new affiliates for WoF and J! by September, if they haven't already.
trainman is a man of trains

J.R.

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2012, 12:35:29 AM »
To answer the question you meant to ask, yes, I'd say it's a very good assumption that CBS/King World will be able to find new affiliates for WoF and J! by September, if they haven't already.
I could have worded that better, but that's what I meant to ask.

Thanks, appreciated.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 12:35:52 AM by J.R. »
-Joe Raygor

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2012, 01:19:51 AM »
I can't take it anymore. Would you please post less?
+1
--Mark
Phil 4:13

weaklink75

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2012, 10:24:19 PM »
Don't know if it will effect the show, but executive producer Jim Paratore died suddenly...

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2012, 10:28:58 PM »
Don't know if it will effect the show, but executive producer Jim Paratore died suddenly...

Doubt it...but damn, that sucks.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2012, 10:51:21 PM »
Doubt it...but damn, that sucks.
Considering the mark he left on the world of syndication, I'm a little surprised I'd never heard of the guy.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.