Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Alex Trebek on CBS This Morning  (Read 1766 times)

Matt Ottinger

Alex Trebek on CBS This Morning
« on: May 21, 2012, 11:22:23 PM »
Trebek appeared on CBS This Morning on Monday, promoting the annual Geography Bee.  In a brief but wide-ranging interview, he said he really wants to host a presidential debate because the ones we see now are "too predictable".  He said that WAY too much was made about his retirement comment.  He said a reporter asked if he ever thinks about retiring and he said yes, he's thought about retiring.  Doesn't mean it's going to happen anytime soon.  (Heck, I'm 52 and I've thought about retiring.  Everybody who works thinks about retiring.)  He also said, in a rushed final question about his health after the hotel incident, that he's doing OK but that there's still some pain.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 11:26:39 PM »
Everybody who works thinks about retiring.
After getting my last investment portfolio statement, I can assure you I'm not thinking about retiring.

Thanks much for the geography bee update, though, I useta watch that every year.
Travis L. Eberle

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 11:34:35 PM »
Everybody who works thinks about retiring.
After getting my last investment portfolio statement, I can assure you I'm not thinking about retiring.
Yes you are.  You're thinking about it and deciding that you can't do it for a while.  If you weren't thinking about retirement, you wouldn't have an investment portfolio in the first place.  This is Alex's point.  He's thought about it.  That's all.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

J.R.

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 11:37:16 PM »
I loved watching the Bee when I was a lad, wouldn't mind seeing it again for old time's sake.

When/where is it on?
-Joe Raygor

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 11:38:49 PM »
I loved watching the Bee when I was a lad, wouldn't mind seeing it again for old time's sake.

When/where is it on?
National Geographic Channel or NatGeoWild.
Travis L. Eberle

irwinsjournal.com

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 09:32:00 AM »
I wonder whether a Jeopardy! format for a debate wouldn't be more informative than some of the debates (national and local) that I've seen in my time...

"I'll take Which Stan Is It for $200, Alex"...
George in Ellison Park, NY

irwinsjournal.com