Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Let's make a deal question  (Read 4337 times)

abba

Let's make a deal question
« on: May 24, 2012, 01:48:48 AM »
Forgive me for not watching the show religiously but has it ever happened that no one wanted to go for the big deal to the point where someone that had a zonk got a free shot at it?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 01:11:21 PM »
Forgive me for not watching the show religiously but has it ever happened that no one wanted to go for the big deal to the point where someone that had a zonk got a free shot at it?
On the Monty Hall versions, yes.

I can't speak to the current version.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

dmota104

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 08:32:22 PM »

Somewhere on YouTube, there's an episode from the Monty Hall days involving that YouTuber's father.  Dad ended up getting zonked -- but yet he got picked for the big deal.

(I wish to say nothing further in the interest of not spoiling.  Perhaps you'd want to search for it from here.)

Given the current zonk structure, it would take a *miracle* for a zonked contestant to play for $20,000+ in the big deal.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 08:55:45 PM »
Given the current zonk structure, it would take a *miracle* for a zonked contestant to play for $20,000+ in the big deal.
I attribute that more to there being about 1.5-2x as many players in the hour-long show
This signature is currently under construction.

WilliamPorygon

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 09:21:41 PM »
I attribute that more to there being about 1.5-2x as many players in the hour-long show
As well as the fact that the current version only has one player go for the Big Deal.

spb1962

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 09:25:35 PM »
There is a nighttime LMAD from 1974 or so where a lady is zonked with a real live lion, yet gets picked for the Big Deal.

As well as the fact that the current version only has one player go for the Big Deal.

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 10:31:14 PM »
Somewhere on YouTube, there's an episode from the Monty Hall days involving that YouTuber's father. Dad ended up getting zonked -- but yet he got picked for the big deal.

(I wish to say nothing further in the interest of not spoiling. Perhaps you'd want to search for it from here.)
No need to search -- here you go. Some fun stuff within, beginning with a production slate. :)

The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Re: Let's make a deal question
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2016, 09:17:30 PM »
Sorry to threadbump, but I just noticed this happen on an ep BUZZR aired tonight (not sure if they had it aired before--I don't watch classic or current LMAD religiously).  Lady got zonked with a sled and a burro, but apparently the sled was worth more than $500 (as Monty went to her third before a couple who won $500--first player won $3000 and kept it, second player won a $1000 pool table and went for the Big Deal, then the lady with the sled).
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)