Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hip Hop Squares  (Read 2360 times)

gsfan85

Hip Hop Squares
« on: June 03, 2012, 08:02:48 PM »
Does anyone know how many episodes of Hip Hop Squares were produced during this, the first season?  
Thanks!

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
Hip Hop Squares
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 09:33:17 PM »
Does anyone know how many episodes of Hip Hop Squares were produced during this, the first season?  
Thanks!

Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

bwood

Hip Hop Squares
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 05:56:51 PM »
Thanks!

Are they saving the other 10 eps for another time? MTV2 HHS commercials are now saying "Only 2 Episodes left!" which would be 10 episodes aired. Also, how has this been doing ratings wise? I have actually been enjoying it.

EDIT: Just saw where "Guy Code" takes the slot on July 17th. HHS will probably take the slot back when GC finishes its new eps, and will most likely be promoted like a Season 2 of HHS.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 06:11:49 PM by bwood »

dmota104

Hip Hop Squares
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 10:57:54 PM »
Also, how has this been doing ratings wise? I have actually been enjoying it.

In terms of ratings, the debut of HHS rewrote MTV2's record books.  Rather than run the risk of littering this thread with links, I recommend googling "Hip Hop Squares ratings", watch for articles dated late May of this year and see for yourself.  I'm honestly not sure how the ratings have held up since then -- but if I'm an MTV2 suit, I'm definitely thinking about green-lighting a second season.

I'm on the shy side of 40, I have only recognized a handful of celebs from show to show, I literally don't know jack about hip-hop -- and yet, I've come away entertained.  The writing's fresh, the zingers are funny and the party atmosphere's played up to its fullest.

I still believe if they can up the ante a bit, make this either a Monday-through-Friday series or an hour-long show if it's going to stay weekly and Peter Rosenberg can be less robotic (read: not repeat the celeb's answer/bluff to the civilian and ask Mr. X/Miss Circle if (s)he (dis)agrees seemingly after *every* question), I can see this going six seasons -- or beyond.

bwood

Hip Hop Squares
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 11:34:23 PM »
I knew it did well its first few weeks, but was wondering how it has been holding up beyond that. I noticed (even though they are kind of unofficial sources, but a decent gauge) it was on the "What's Hot" list on DirecTV Active Channel and was also trending on my DirecTV app the first 4 weeks or so as well (the highest I saw was like #11 out of 50). Other than that, I have not heard or seen anything on how it is doing since then. It gets plenty of promotion and rerun time (typical MTV rerun time). I hope they stay with it. I will do some research. Thanks.

gamed121683

Hip Hop Squares
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 12:15:44 AM »
Also, how has this been doing ratings wise? I have actually been enjoying it.

In terms of ratings, the debut of HHS rewrote MTV2's record books.  Rather than run the risk of littering this thread with links, I recommend googling "Hip Hop Squares ratings", watch for articles dated late May of this year and see for yourself.  I'm honestly not sure how the ratings have held up since then -- but if I'm an MTV2 suit, I'm definitely thinking about green-lighting a second season.

While this is true (as well as awesome), keep in mind that the show that held that record last was probably a rerun of Boy Meets World.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Hip Hop Squares
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 12:25:46 AM »
While this is true (as well as awesome), keep in mind that the show that held that record last was probably a rerun of Boy Meets World.
A standing ovation here at Chez Fred for someone who understands that we're talking about Em-Tee-Frigging-Vee-TWO up in here.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Hip Hop Squares
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 02:52:54 PM »
I still believe if they can up the ante a bit, make this either a Monday-through-Friday series or an hour-long show if it's going to stay weekly and Peter Rosenberg can be less robotic (read: not repeat the celeb's answer/bluff to the civilian and ask Mr. X/Miss Circle if (s)he (dis)agrees seemingly after *every* question), I can see this going six seasons -- or beyond.
Why would any of those things (especially the money) have a thing to do with how long the show runs? Do you really think that the MTV2 audience is watching to see how much money the contestants are going to win?
If you didn’t create it, it isn’t your content.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
Hip Hop Squares
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 03:10:01 PM »

Are they saving the other 10 eps for another time? MTV2 HHS commercials are now saying "Only 2 Episodes left!" which would be 10 episodes aired.

Only 8, actually. Premiere was May 22nd.

/Is DJ Khaled - the only star to appear in all eight eps - the new George Gobel?
@lambertman

MTCesquire

Hip Hop Squares
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2012, 05:04:47 PM »

Are they saving the other 10 eps for another time? MTV2 HHS commercials are now saying "Only 2 Episodes left!" which would be 10 episodes aired.

Only 8, actually. Premiere was May 22nd.

/Is DJ Khaled - the only star to appear in all eight eps - the new George Gobel?

Nope...Fat Joe is the permanent upper-left square - the new Jim J. Bullock, if you will.