Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 2011-12 season finales  (Read 3072 times)

brianhenke

2011-12 season finales
« on: June 04, 2012, 07:11:25 PM »
Does anyone know the dates for the 2011-12 game show season finales? I know Wheel of Fortune ends Season 29 (and the last original episode to air on WCPO) June 15...

Brian
The leaves start to change color in May?

Jimmy Owen

2011-12 season finales
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 07:32:49 PM »
I remember when game shows didn't have "seasons."  No repeats and no hiatuses.  52 weeks of original production.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
2011-12 season finales
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 07:59:53 PM »
Price is a tiny bit more convoluted than Wheel or Jeopardy.

June 18th will be the last new episode of Price for the month of June. However, on June 19th, will be an episode of Price displaced by a preemption in October. So that will actually be the last new episode for the month of June. There will be a 4th of July episode on the date in question. And there will be a Back To School special in August, with the date unknown at this time. So really, that episode in August will be the 40th Season finale of The Price is Right.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Steve Gavazzi

2011-12 season finales
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 10:39:01 PM »
Price is a tiny bit more convoluted than Wheel or Jeopardy.

June 18th will be the last new episode of Price for the month of June. However, on June 19th, will be an episode of Price displaced by a preemption in October. So that will actually be the last new episode for the month of June. There will be a 4th of July episode on the date in question. And there will be a Back To School special in August, with the date unknown at this time. So really, that episode in August will be the 40th Season finale of The Price is Right.
Actually, just to make things even goofier, in the proper episode order, the July 4 and back-to-school shows come before the June 18 episode, so that's really the season finale.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 10:43:24 PM by Steve Gavazzi »

TimK2003

2011-12 season finales
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 05:08:32 PM »
From what I saw a couple of weeks ago (the Thursday before Memorial Day Weekend??), LMAD had aired their "season finale episode" (that's not to say there are/were other unaired episodes yet to show).  

In lieu of the Quickie Deals segment, Wayne mentioned that it was the last show of the season, a cake was brought out on stage -- allegedly for the audience members -- but a cake fight erupted amongst the staff & crew of the show.

Steve Gavazzi

2011-12 season finales
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 11:30:38 PM »
From what I saw a couple of weeks ago (the Thursday before Memorial Day Weekend??), LMAD had aired their "season finale episode" (that's not to say there are/were other unaired episodes yet to show).
According to the airdate schedule, they're running the fourth week of the season for the first time this week.  They were taped a year ago this week.

I wish I understood how doing things like this is supposed to make sense.

Bryce L.

2011-12 season finales
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 05:16:05 PM »
According to the airdate schedule, they're running the fourth week of the season for the first time this week.  They were taped a year ago this week.

I wish I understood how doing things like this is supposed to make sense.
I don't know if YOU agree, but I believe they should run the shows exactly in taping order, and they should only have "held-back" shows to run if an episode got bumped out of its intended airdate due to a network pre-emption (like a "Breaking News" event or a Presidential press conference, that sort of thing).

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
2011-12 season finales
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 06:05:20 PM »
I don't know if YOU agree, but I believe they should run the shows exactly in taping order, and they should only have "held-back" shows to run if an episode got bumped out of its intended airdate due to a network pre-emption (like a "Breaking News" event or a Presidential press conference, that sort of thing).
How did YOU come to that conclusion? What makes you better equipped to distribute a TV show than those who do it?

You have bold and italics at your disposal. Caps lock is annoying.
Travis L. Eberle

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
2011-12 season finales
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 06:28:52 PM »

Policies such as this would see Price try to give away a trip to New Orleans while it was a giant soup bowl.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
2011-12 season finales
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 06:29:41 PM »
I don't know if YOU agree, but I believe they should run the shows exactly in taping order,
Do share with us your justification for this, as in "why you think this produces a markedly better product than what they are doing now". As always, remember that "because that's how they used to do it" is generally the wrong answer.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Vgmastr

2011-12 season finales
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 06:53:52 PM »
I don't know if YOU agree, but I believe they should run the shows exactly in taping order,
Do share with us your justification for this, as in "why you think this produces a markedly better product than what they are doing now". As always, remember that "because that's how they used to do it" is generally the wrong answer.

The only real drawback to running episodes out of order is rule changes.  Car Pong went through a bunch of different rule changes, and so the rules would go back and forth depending on the order they aired.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
2011-12 season finales
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 07:04:11 PM »
Car Pong went through a bunch of different rule changes, and so the rules would go back and forth depending on the order they aired.
1) Rarely does that apply to pricing games on The Price is Right.

2) The solution to that is really, really simple: do your job and get your farking game tuned right before you put it on TV.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 07:09:58 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
2011-12 season finales
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 11:55:33 PM »
If you're not interested in watching a poorly mounted version of LMAD enough to watch, here's the jist of it. There are nine goals in a diamond shape. If you bounce a ball into the middle flashing goal you win a car. Sometimes the other eight goals have money amounts, sometimes they don't. This has at least one time led to the awkward announcement of "you've won the car! Keep going to get extra money."

No matter what anyone thinks of the TV-viewing public, I would find it hard to believe that there's someone who couldn't grok Car Pong.
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

2011-12 season finales
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2012, 12:09:40 AM »
Maybe it's just me, but seeing someone play Dixie Cup Pong just sounds boring, even with a car on the line. I've played and watched my fair share of Beer Pong games, but I can't sense any tension from it there.

It might just need a little more risk. If the layout is 1 cup on the top and bottom rows, 2 on the second and fourth, and 3 in the middle, I suggest the middle row be 2 penalty cups and 1 car, and the other cups are cash (say $500 on rows 1 and 5, $1,000 on 2 and 4). You get 4 tosses, with the caveat that the game ends if you a) hit a penalty cup, or b) hit the same cup twice.

Not perfect, but at least it's not as anticlimactic.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
2011-12 season finales
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2012, 12:20:27 AM »
with the caveat that the game ends if you a) hit a penalty cup, or b) hit the same cup twice.
Given the amount of randomness that the balls bouncing around, I don't know that this helps. When the cups aren't labeled Wayne will give the player some amount of cash for each ball sunk if the car isn't won.
Travis L. Eberle