Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Losing Horns Sfx  (Read 8949 times)

JMFabiano

Losing Horns Sfx
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2003, 11:04:33 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Dec 13 2003, 08:22 PM\'] [quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Dec 13 2003, 08:20 PM\'] I thought on CS '86, they used the Horns when someone Busted on either the 2nd row or the BIG BET? [/quote]
They did, also when a contestant chose the wrong card during the car game. [/quote]
 To be more specific, when they lost on their last chance in the car game.  I mention so because I remember one episode where the Losing Horns played after a wrong guess, but with another guess to go Bob mocked the sound effect.  To paraphrase, he was like "Don't [imitates LHs] at us!"  

As for the person who mentioned MG/HS Hour, not true.  Seeing as the majority of the episodes I have feature SM losses, I can say that they didn't use the LHs to the best of my knowledge.  I think the buzzer they did use was the fierce "Scrabble" or "NBC" horn (which you DO hear before the abriged TPIR losing horns for a game-ending bust in the Money Cards on Perry CS)
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

gameshowguy2000

Losing Horns Sfx
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2003, 11:23:37 PM »
In addition, the LH's were used in the 10-member audience guess game. You only got one guess. If the guess was wrong, the LH's would play.

Am I right about this, anyone?

LA the DJ

Losing Horns Sfx
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2003, 12:34:06 AM »
[quote name=\'Robair\' date=\'Dec 13 2003, 05:32 AM\']

MATCH GAME (only in gag instances)
 [/quote]
 What kind of gag instances was it used for?
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

KrisW73

Losing Horns Sfx
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2003, 10:34:04 AM »
IIRC Vicki Lawrence gave a horriblehorrbile answer and they played then. (I have no clue as to the question...only heard a sound file of her answer and the horns and Gene asked why she said that)

GSWitch

Losing Horns Sfx
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2003, 10:39:02 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Dec 16 2003, 05:31 PM\'] ILLINOIS INSTANT RICHES/ILLINOIS' LUCKIEST (any other Goodson lottery show)--Third strike in Double Dollars game (just last note)
CLASSIC CONCENTRATION--end game loss (just last note) (?) [/quote]
 NOW YOU SEE IT (Chuck Henry); Solo Round loss.