Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Password Tracks  (Read 2576 times)

Bill Neuweiler

Password Tracks
« on: June 10, 2012, 12:01:28 AM »
What was the reason for putting the chairs on tracks for both Password Plus and Super Password?
<p>I share a birthday with Jack Barry.

Kevin Prather

Password Tracks
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 12:06:15 AM »
Sheer speculation, but perhaps it was to make damn sure they wouldn't tip over? Didn't need that on Pyramid though.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 12:06:26 AM by Kevin Prather »

BrandonFG

Password Tracks
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 12:11:30 AM »
More speculation (which seems to be very popular around here)...

With SP, could it be because the desk rotated into place?

With P+, the only thing I can think of is the fact that you had to step down to get to the desk.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Password Tracks
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 12:36:45 AM »
The really easy answer is that it keeps anyone from moving laterally, which then makes it easier for the cameras to get and keep the two-shots.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Kevin Prather

Password Tracks
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 03:00:22 AM »
The really easy answer is that it keeps anyone from moving laterally, which then makes it easier for the cameras to get and keep the two-shots.
This is probably the best answer. On Pyramid, you didn't have this need because the players actually faced each other.

clemon79

Password Tracks
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 03:16:21 AM »
This is probably the best answer. On Pyramid, you didn't have this need because the players actually faced each other.
Well, no less so than they do on Password. On Pyramid, though, you have the range of motion of the monitor to constrain the shot.

Kevin Prather

Password Tracks
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 03:53:00 AM »
Well, no less so than they do on Password. On Pyramid, though, you have the range of motion of the monitor to constrain the shot.
Right. That's what I was getting at.

geno57

Password Tracks
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 04:39:22 AM »

Oh, how I wish we could fasten the anchors' chairs to some tracks, where I work.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Password Tracks
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 10:27:31 AM »
That's the real reason. ISTR that you could see a similar arrangement on the New York set. Now here's the smart-ass reason for fanb0i consumption:

the reason the chairs on the set were placed on tracks is that originally Ted Cooper intended to use motorized chairs and contestants would enter and exit through openings in the rear set wall on these motorized chairs. This bit of cruft is 100% untrue -- it is a story I just made up -- but I want to see how long it takes before some obsessed Ritalin-deprived fanb0i posts it somewhere as a true fact.

irwinsjournal.com

Password Tracks
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2012, 12:38:01 PM »

the reason the chairs on the set were placed on tracks is that originally Ted Cooper intended to use motorized chairs and contestants would enter and exit through openings in the rear set wall on these motorized chairs. This bit of cruft is 100% untrue -- it is a story I just made up -- but I want to see how long it takes before some obsessed Ritalin-deprived fanb0i posts it somewhere as a true fact.

That's totally untrue.  Everyone knows the plan was to zip-line the contestants in from the back of the studio audience...  :)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 12:38:24 PM by irwinsjournal.com »
George in Ellison Park, NY

irwinsjournal.com

Jimmy Owen

Password Tracks
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2012, 01:28:35 PM »

That's totally untrue.  Everyone knows the plan was to zip-line the contestants in from the back of the studio audience...  :)
X-treme Password.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

DrBear

Password Tracks
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2012, 03:01:29 PM »
And here I thought that if they gave a bad clue - or worse, just said the password itself (hey there, Jack Paar) - they could be pulled offstage in an instant.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

clemon79

Password Tracks
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2012, 03:03:18 PM »
And here I thought that if they gave a bad clue - or worse, just said the password itself (hey there, Jack Paar) - they could be pulled offstage in an instant.
Naw. Visually it's better to make that an ejector seat.