Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pyramid Pilot  (Read 49770 times)

JMFabiano

Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2012, 06:23:22 PM »
According to my source, who probably doesn't give a rat's rear about the goings-on at Price, Mike Richards is good. This person says he knows the game very well after extensively studying the old Pyramid games and when hosting, is knowledgeable, friendly and witty.
We can rule out Adam N. as your source. Sorry, Adam.

If your source's analysis is on the mark, it sounds like they could have done worse by going with a hack comedian or a washed-up sitcom supporting actor. Can I see Richard Karn hosting Pyramid? Can I see Richard Karn hosting anything? Um, no.

What, you didn't want to see if there was anything he could DOUBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111JHGJHYKF

/Seriously, I don't think the Karn era of Feud was as bad as some people say, catchphrases aside.
//In fact, it served as a good bridge between Louie's Feud and the current version's peak starting with O'Hurley.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

catnap1972

Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2012, 06:37:18 PM »
Pilot report is up at Hollywood Junket.  Methinks there's one slight monetary faux-pas in the report.

Ryan :)

Seems like there's a couple of mistakes in there (assuming game play is "roughly" the same as it's always been)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 06:45:55 PM by chris319 »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2012, 07:06:55 PM »
but whoever got the job has a MAJOR handicap against them, of course.
I don't think so, necessarily. I don't need the new host of the Pyramid to be Dick Clark, nor do I need them to be a carbon copy of Dick Clark, nor will I compare their hosting to Dick Clark. What I WANT them to do is know something about the job, know how it was done well, and do that: be relatively laid back and low key, but know when there is an exciting moment and sell it appropriately. Honestly, if they went to series and did end up going with Mike Richards, I think he would be capable of those things. I'd RATHER see Bob Goen, just because I have heard him compared to Dick Clark for the last 20 years and am curious as hell to see what he could do with it, but who knows if he even wants the gig.

The problem with the hosts in between Clark and today is not that they were not Dick Clark, it's that they simply weren't great hosts, full stop.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2012, 10:18:50 PM »
The warm-up guy should be dressed better, that's all.  
Are you willing to stock his closet?
If you didn’t create it, it isn’t your content.

Jimmy Owen

Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2012, 10:26:02 PM »
The warm-up guy should be dressed better, that's all.  
Are you willing to stock his closet?
Sure.  I work in a hotel as well as my radio job and have to have the appropriate clothing.  Never wear jeans in front of guests or listeners.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2012, 10:30:14 PM »
Never wear jeans in front of guests or listeners.
Curious, what format is your station? At KMBY (AOR) I'm not sure they would have cared if we wore pants at all. :)

Otm Shank

Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2012, 10:42:56 PM »
Some places do have quirks. I worked at a TV station that required the control room staff to wear business casual. However, after the news was done at 6:00, it was outside of "regular business hours" and thus the dress code did not apply. Everyone off camera was dressed down for the 10:00 news, and the sportscoat-and-shorts look for one guy behind the anchor desk.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2012, 11:41:26 PM »
According to my source, who probably doesn't give a rat's rear about the goings-on at Price, Mike Richards is good. This person says he knows the game very well after extensively studying the old Pyramid games and when hosting, is knowledgeable, friendly and witty.
We can rule out Adam N. as your source. Sorry, Adam.
Why can't idiot-boy be knowledgeable, friendly, and witty when the cameras are turned OFF, exactly?
Does this answer your question? http://knightstemplar.tv/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Napoleon.jpg

If you click on that Hollywood Junket link, be prepared to see Mikey with an ear-to-ear grin -- like he just fired someone.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 11:48:18 PM by chris319 »

Sodboy13

Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2012, 11:57:47 PM »
Chris, when was the last time you liked anything? '84, '85-ish?
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

jjman920

• Mhoops.
Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2012, 12:03:33 AM »
This looks good. I think anything can be better than 6 words in 20 seconds, so I'm glad the original format it is back.

I like the celebrities. I still watch Grey's Anatomy, always been a fan of Yvette Nicole Brown, and I haven't seen Horatio Sans in ages (I have no problem with Ms. Cora, just indifferent). It looks like they shouldn't have a problem on the celebrity front, which is great.

I hope this gets picked up. I'd hate to see Pyramid get another door closed in its face.

And Mike doesn't look like he's fired anyone, he looks like he just finished giving the "It's not you, it's me" speech.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2012, 12:24:04 AM »
Chris, when was the last time you liked anything? '84, '85-ish?
Which Chris are you addressing?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 12:24:20 AM by chris319 »

HYHYBT

Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2012, 02:59:22 AM »
As for host... I wouldn't mind if they got John Davidson back.

To me, it just seems weird to have two contestants compete and at the end of the day, no incentive for having the higher score.
No incentive for having a higher score? Did they decide not to play for real money or something?
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages

clemon79

Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2012, 03:32:05 AM »
Rest assured, you're the ONLY one.

BillCullen1

Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2012, 07:21:58 AM »

Yeah, be careful what you wish for.

Jimmy Owen

Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2012, 07:26:55 AM »

Yeah, be careful what you wish for.
Is it set in stone that Mike Richards is gonna do the show?  They could bring in the Michael Richards who played Kramer on Seinfeld.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.