Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Money Maze video question  (Read 1457 times)

toddyo

Money Maze video question
« on: June 13, 2012, 05:52:39 PM »
Nick Clooney was the commencement speaker at my graduation and 5500+ others, last week at the University of Cincinnati. A video intro was played, which included video from The Money Maze. In any of the tapes circling, does Clooney intro "and THIS is The Money Maze"?  The video was very clean - perhaps Nick has a few 3/4" tapes from ABC.

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 06:09:31 PM »
No, he does not. Sounds like it was from something other than the pilot...

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 06:19:19 PM »
There's an episode at the Museum of TV & Radio, although I doubt they paid all that money just to use a short clip.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

snowpeck

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 08:04:48 PM »
I'd imagine Clooney himself has some footage of the show... it's not so unusual for a show's host to keep some of the work for posterity (or to use as resume material.)  Tom Kennedy's donations to TVPMM are prime examples of that.  I've also long suspected that some of the Wheel of Fortune footage used in the E! True Hollywood Story episode came from Susan Stafford's personal collection (particularly the premiere show and her last one.) Some religious talk show she was on also used footage from her final episode.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 08:06:23 PM by snowpeck »
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

calliaume

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 10:17:56 PM »
I dunno.  Jim MacKrell told me he had exactly one episode of Celebrity Sweepstakes on hand (admittedly, this was back in 2000).

The only episode in circulation to my knowledge is the pilot.  I'll have to stop by the Museum of TV & Radio sometime to watch the one from the series.