Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: CBS Commits To "Something"  (Read 5475 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
CBS Commits To "Something"
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2012, 01:18:41 AM »
Admittedly I can't draw Nirvana
This was easy, depending on how tasteless you are willing to be to get coins. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2012, 01:23:08 AM »
Admittedly I can't draw Nirvana
This was easy, depending on how tasteless you are willing to be to get coins. :)

I WTF'd then Lol'd.

Had to write out "Harry potter school" for Hogwarts though.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

clemon79

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2012, 01:25:02 AM »
Stick figure with a wizard hat being handed a paper from another stick figure with an "A+" on it. Done.

PYLdude

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2012, 01:38:43 AM »
Stick figure with a wizard hat being handed a paper from another stick figure with an "A+" on it. Done.

Well, maybe next time.

Here's one for you- if I draw a stop sign, what would you think the solution would be?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

clemon79

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2012, 02:03:25 AM »
Here's one for you- if I draw a stop sign, what would you think the solution would be?
It depends on how many letters it says it is and which twelve letters I'm given to work with. That's the point.

PYLdude

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2012, 02:13:25 AM »
It depends on how many letters it says it is and which twelve letters I'm given to work with. That's the point.

Alright, it's seven letters. And at least three of the letters in "catpoon" are in the solution.

clemon79

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2012, 02:59:15 AM »

Alright, it's seven letters. And at least three of the letters in "catpoon" are in the solution.
Well, that's seven of the twelve, then. Let me know when you decide you want to share the other five.

BrandonFG

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2012, 03:18:17 AM »
I was thinking OCTAGON.

/Wait, was I not supposed to say anything?
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

PYLdude

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2012, 04:05:18 AM »
I was thinking OCTAGON.

/Wait, was I not supposed to say anything?

That's kind of what I was going for Chris to say instead of what he did...I thought if I draw a half-assed octagon and wrote "STOP" in the middle, the person would get it. Instead I got answers like "catpoon" and "oatgoon"- I guess it was a stumper.

/I would tell the cat to keep its poon to itself
//I wasn't being THAT cryptic...
///BTW, broke a string of 10 in a row...kinda didn't like that but hey
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 04:07:22 AM by PYLdude »

BrandonFG

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2012, 04:12:48 AM »
I've had that word come up, and I drew exactly what you described. Interesting.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 04:13:09 AM by fostergray82 »
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

clemon79

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2012, 04:21:16 AM »
That's kind of what I was going for Chris to say instead of what he did...
And I don't think you got the point I was trying to send across, which is that being a shiatty artist works in DS...because your guesser has all of that information sitting right in front of them to work from. DS is as much of a game of anagrams as it is of communication.

So to say "well, guess what I drew", without giving me all of the information I would have in front of me in a real game situation? I'm simply not gonna bother guessing.

I thought if I draw a half-assed octagon and wrote "STOP" in the middle, the person would get it.
Honestly I'm not sure why you didn't just draw an (full-assed; c'mon, it's a basic geometric shape, and you do have an eraser) octagon.

(If you really want to make it clear, you draw a triangle, then a red X next to it. Then a square, same thing. Then you draw the octagon and stick a green check-mark next to it. But, really, with the letters there? Draw an octagon, black pencil line, ship it. (Plus it avoids the weenie clue with the writing in the sign.) If your partner can't get that, find a smarter partner.)

Neumms

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2012, 07:54:18 PM »
Perhaps they could solicit drawings from home viewers/users for the show? Sort of like Trivial Pursuit: America Plays.

And boy, did that work out. The trouble with home viewer elements is they're so uninteresting for the millions of home viewers who aren't the one chosen.