Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: CBS Commits To "Something"  (Read 5486 times)

mystery7

CBS Commits To "Something"
« on: June 15, 2012, 06:05:24 PM »
Variety reports that CBS is in development with Ryan Seacrest and Embassy Row to bring the mobile game Draw Something to TV. No host, airdate, etc. yet. Article says Seacrest won't host. Something tells me that despite the obvious similarity in concept to Win, Lose Or Draw, Vicki Lawrence won't be hosting either. Deets:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118055570

mmb5

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 08:56:03 PM »
Variety reports that CBS is in development with Ryan Seacrest and Embassy Row to bring the mobile game Draw Something to TV. No host, airdate, etc. yet. Article says Seacrest won't host. Something tells me that despite the obvious similarity in concept to Win, Lose Or Draw, Vicki Lawrence won't be hosting either. Deets:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118055570
It will only be authentic if words repeat in the same show.  Or "buy a color".
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

Fedya

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 09:59:08 PM »
Nothing in the show that woooooooos me.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

aaron sica

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 05:06:36 AM »
Nothing in the show that woooooooos me.

Well stick around and it may show....

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 10:32:28 AM »
Farmville could be adapted to TV.  Answer questions, get money to buy cows, etc.  Biggest farm wins.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

aaron sica

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 10:34:16 AM »
Farmville could be adapted to TV.  Answer questions, get money to buy cows, etc.  Biggest farm wins.

And then when it tanks, in a last-ditch effort to save the show, "Celebrity Farmville". They'll trot out the Hatfields and McCoys again...

Clay Zambo

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 10:49:29 AM »
Well, of course it looks like WLoD and Pictionary.  It *is*.  But hey, why not?  And the second-screen aspect is not uninteresting, especially if they find a way to do it live and interactive.

What I find interesting about DS (the game, not the proposed TV show) is that I keep forgetting that the game isn't timed; there's no bonus for speed.  It's not Draw Something Quickly--and that's why there are all those spectacular drawings floating around.  I wonder how (if at all) they'll take advantage of that aspect.
czambo@mac.com

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, 01:06:31 PM »
What I find interesting about DS (the game, not the proposed TV show) is that I keep forgetting that the game isn't timed; there's no bonus for speed.  It's not Draw Something Quickly--and that's why there are all those spectacular drawings floating around.  I wonder how (if at all) they'll take advantage of that aspect.
I'm guessing they won't, unless they use pre-made drawings as toss-ups or something. Always tickled me, because when I was playing DS (and what's REALLY funny is that I was Over It about the same time that a) Zynga paid out the ass for Omgpop and b) the official Kindle Fire version finally shipped (I had been playing the sideloaded version along with every other Fire owner on the planet)) I was the king of Getting The Point Across Using Only Crappy Stick Figures, because that's really the extent of my freehand drawing ability. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

aaron sica

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2012, 01:26:22 PM »
I'm guessing they won't, unless they use pre-made drawings as toss-ups or something. Always tickled me, because when I was playing DS (and what's REALLY funny is that I was Over It about the same time that a) Zynga paid out the ass for Omgpop and b) the official Kindle Fire version finally shipped (I had been playing the sideloaded version along with every other Fire owner on the planet)) I was the king of Getting The Point Across Using Only Crappy Stick Figures, because that's really the extent of my freehand drawing ability. :)

At least you tried to play.....I went full-tilt cheat and drew words as clues...

clemon79

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2012, 01:42:01 PM »
I went full-tilt cheat and drew words as clues...
Yeah, you're the reason I refused to even bother trying to play with random people.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2012, 01:46:00 PM »
Turn it into a panel game, or a comedy quiz hybrid that England seems to go bonkers over.

/One of my life's goals is figuring out how to turn Would I Lie To You? into a decent party game.
Travis L. Eberle

aaron sica

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2012, 02:20:52 PM »
Yeah, you're the reason I refused to even bother trying to play with random people.

Considering I can't draw much more than stick figures and that's what I turned to, the game got old real fast. So did "Words With Friends". I played that one straight, but then you have people who cheat at it...

clemon79

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2012, 02:44:56 PM »
Considering I can't draw much more than stick figures and that's what I turned to, the game got old real fast.
Neither can I. Part of the fun was in figuring out creative ways to make that work anyhow. Basically we all got sick of repeating words around the same time.

SamJ93

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2012, 02:50:02 PM »
I'm guessing they won't, unless they use pre-made drawings as toss-ups or something.

Perhaps they could solicit drawings from home viewers/users for the show? Sort of like Trivial Pursuit: America Plays.
It's a well-known fact that Lincoln loved mayonnaise!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2012, 08:56:32 PM »

A lesson I unfortunately haven't learned as I have just gotten into Draw Something.

Admittedly I can't draw Nirvana or Tina Fey either, but still...

(I did draw Ozzy though.)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022