Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The new schedule  (Read 9806 times)

wvoutlaw2002

The new schedule
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2003, 11:29:49 PM »
http://adlink.com/resource_center/programm...week=12/29/2003

Interesting...looks like Video Games bombed, and WinTuition was finally taken off.

I would say just let TechTV hire Carmen Nicole and put her in Adam Sessler's place on X-Play, but they'll never get rid of that annoying balding nerd.

uncamark

The new schedule
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2003, 05:05:07 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Dec 16 2003, 08:14 PM\']They already took off Cram, did they not?[/quote]
"Cram" was moved to the weekends and afternoons.  However, if the edict seems to be "no more studio shows," then "Cram" is probably out of production for good.

zachhoran

The new schedule
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2003, 07:51:43 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Dec 17 2003, 05:05 PM\'] [quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Dec 16 2003, 08:14 PM\']They already took off Cram, did they not?[/quote]
"Cram" was moved to the weekends and afternoons.  However, if the edict seems to be "no more studio shows," then "Cram" is probably out of production for good. [/quote]
 If they do indeed stop the studio shows, I think Cram would be a decent syndicated companion piece to Street Smarts(if Street does see a year five), Whammy! would be a good companion piece for Feud if it gets a year six, and it would be nice to see a Syndicated version of Lingo if GSN axes that one too. My guess is Lingo wouldn't fly in Syndication, but we'll see what happens.

Starkman

The new schedule
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2003, 11:57:57 AM »
Id think theyd try the castoffs on another cable network first if they are able to. For some reason id think Cram would be a better fit on Spike or USA than it would be in syndie, could be a lil too wierd for syndie.

I strongly agree that Whammy and Karn feud would be a great idea for fremantle especally since many packagers throw Sony's pyramid in with fremantle's Feud, this would give them a better package to work with without having to share with the competition.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
The new schedule
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2003, 12:48:55 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Dec 17 2003, 07:51 PM\'] [quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Dec 17 2003, 05:05 PM\'] [quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Dec 16 2003, 08:14 PM\']They already took off Cram, did they not?[/quote]
"Cram" was moved to the weekends and afternoons.  However, if the edict seems to be "no more studio shows," then "Cram" is probably out of production for good. [/quote]
If they do indeed stop the studio shows, I think Cram would be a decent syndicated companion piece to Street Smarts(if Street does see a year five), Whammy! would be a good companion piece for Feud if it gets a year six, and it would be nice to see a Syndicated version of Lingo if GSN axes that one too. My guess is Lingo wouldn't fly in Syndication, but we'll see what happens. [/quote]
 Zach.

You think that the GSN original that garners the highest ratings has the LEAST likelihood of making it in syndication?

And just why is Whammy! a good companion?  They [FF] don't have a similar aspect in them at all.  If anything, run W! and Cram back to back--even though they are from different packagers.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

uncamark

The new schedule
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2003, 01:00:12 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Dec 17 2003, 07:51 PM\'][quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Dec 17 2003, 05:05 PM\'] [quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Dec 16 2003, 08:14 PM\']They already took off Cram, did they not?[/quote]
If they do indeed stop the studio shows, I think Cram would be a decent syndicated companion piece to Street Smarts(if Street does see a year five), Whammy! would be a good companion piece for Feud if it gets a year six, and it would be nice to see a Syndicated version of Lingo if GSN axes that one too. My guess is Lingo wouldn't fly in Syndication, but we'll see what happens.[/quote]
The trick is that GSN owns the copyrights for all of their originals except "Whammy!" and "Russian Roulette" and, unless they want to sell the shows back to their producers, could easily squelch any attempts to market them outside of their channel.  (The producers may still control overseas format rights and, of course, GSN licenses "Lingo" from IDTV.)

zachhoran

The new schedule
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2003, 07:44:48 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Dec 18 2003, 12:48 PM\']
Zach.

You think that the GSN original that garners the highest ratings has the LEAST likelihood of making it in syndication?

And just why is Whammy! a good companion?  They [FF] don't have a similar aspect in them at all.  If anything, run W! and Cram back to back--even though they are from different packagers. [/quote]
 It just seems as though Lingo is the oldest skewing of GSN's originals, such a word game being a success on cable doesn't mean it will in syndication. CHain Reaction did better on cable than on the network. WHammy and Feud are both owned by Fremantle. As was stated earlier today, there may be a few new game shows being launched at the 2005 NATPE convention, so we'll see what happens.