Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR  (Read 2807 times)

Vahan_Nisanian

TPIR
« on: June 27, 2012, 05:16:07 PM »
http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_price_is_right/airdates/66041/

Recently, CBS updated their Airdates/Tapings schedule. They mention that the next new episode, which was taped on May 30, will air on the 4th of July.

http://www.cbstelevisioncity.com/shows

In addition, CBS Television City recently updated their production timeline to mention tape dates for April-June of this year. But there are no June 2012 tape dates listed on the airdates of the first site I linked to. What gives?

chad1m

TPIR
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 05:22:58 PM »
What gives?
They began taping the upcoming season in June.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 05:23:08 PM by chad1m »

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
TPIR
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 10:16:31 PM »
They're taping only one show on certain dates?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
TPIR
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 10:31:45 PM »
Which dates? I wanna check and see if they correspond with Sounders matches or World Cup quaifying. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

jjman920

• Mhoops.
TPIR
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 10:36:00 PM »
They're taping only one show on certain dates?
They're still taping two shows a day. The other show they taped on May 30th was the Father's Day Special that aired on the 15th. They also taped two shows on May 31st as well. One aired on the 18th of this month; the other is a Back to School Special that will most likely be scheduled for mid-August.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Vahan_Nisanian

TPIR
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 10:40:26 PM »
Also this August, they will be taping a breast cancer awareness special.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
TPIR
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 04:53:36 AM »
That's 10 ratings points right there. "A new mammogram machine!"

Not to make light of breast cancer, but is TPIR really the right venue for breast cancer awareness?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 04:54:31 AM by chris319 »

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
TPIR
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2012, 05:12:38 AM »

Not to make light of breast cancer, but is TPIR really the right venue for breast cancer awareness?

Any pub is good pub, right?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Fedya

TPIR
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2012, 08:09:40 AM »

Everybody else (except for Planned Parenthood) has given in to the ribbon bullies, why not TPIR?
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
TPIR
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2012, 09:18:55 AM »
What makes it a wrong venue? Any platform that can be used to raise awareness and get some donations is alright with me -- especially if it's a show that lots of people watch.

EDIT: This point has been made already, I see. I should refresh the page when I wake up. :P
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 09:19:40 AM by DoorNumberFour »
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

BrandonFG

TPIR
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2012, 11:02:54 AM »
Of all the specialty gimmick episodes they've started doing, I'm cool with this one. I'm trying to remember, but not counting episodes where a contestant/celebrity has their own charity, has a show (not just TPiR) ever donated money to one specific purpose or organization?
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

mmb5

TPIR
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2012, 02:09:46 PM »
Of all the specialty gimmick episodes they've started doing, I'm cool with this one. I'm trying to remember, but not counting episodes where a contestant/celebrity has their own charity, has a show (not just TPiR) ever donated money to one specific purpose or organization?
Concentration would have a holiday show for C.A.R.E.
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

aaron sica

TPIR
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2012, 04:42:34 PM »
For once, I guess the people who refer to Drew Carey as a boob would be on to something...

Steve Gavazzi

TPIR
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2012, 01:36:30 PM »
It played a part in killing Rod.  Why not?

(Not that they're going to mention Rod during the show -- they didn't last year -- but still.)